How to use Tasker or NFC Task Launcher to launch Spotify to play a particular playlist

Solved!
Highlighted

How to use Tasker or NFC Task Launcher to launch Spotify to play a particular playlist

katyzhi

I would like to program a NFC tag to launch Spotify and play a particular playlist.  Any suggestions using Tasker or NFC Task Launcher?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution!

Re: How to use Tasker or NFC Task Launcher to launch Spotify to play a particular playlist

ReinoutS
Casual Listener

I know this topic is pretty old but it's still an issue. I found this topic buy using Google. Try using Tasker (a Android app), you will be able to autoplay a playlist.

1. Create a new task.
  2. Add a Send Intent action. (System > Send Intent)
  3. In the Action box, paste the following: android.media.action.MEDIA_PLAY_FROM_SEARCH
  4. In the Data box, paste the Spotify URI for your playlist. (You can get this by right clicking the playlist in the desktop Spotify client and clicking on “Copy Spotify URI”
  5. Under Target, select Activity.

That's it! Pretty easy, right?

14 Replies

Re: How to use Tasker or NFC Task Launcher to launch Spotify to play a particular playlist

fathomx9

You can open the share link of that playlist.  I found this from a post by Pent, Tasker's developer here: https://groups.google.com/d/msg/tasker/De-jkOvJkJs/EMgpmryZcMkJ

Herculainn
Casual Listener

This will not play the list though. Just displays it. Which in itself is handy.

Unless I've missed something? have you got a way to make it auto-play?

Peter__
Community Legend

Could you not pass the Spotify URI rather than the web url? 

For example:

Pascal Pinon – Somewhere 

and

Pascal Pinon – Somewhere

Are both links to the same track, but clicking the second one should make it play automatically in your desktop client. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Herculainn
Casual Listener

Ah, silly me.

That will autoplay for a track, however, a playlist will not autoplay.

Thanks!

Solution!

ReinoutS
Casual Listener

I know this topic is pretty old but it's still an issue. I found this topic buy using Google. Try using Tasker (a Android app), you will be able to autoplay a playlist.

1. Create a new task.
  2. Add a Send Intent action. (System > Send Intent)
  3. In the Action box, paste the following: android.media.action.MEDIA_PLAY_FROM_SEARCH
  4. In the Data box, paste the Spotify URI for your playlist. (You can get this by right clicking the playlist in the desktop Spotify client and clicking on “Copy Spotify URI”
  5. Under Target, select Activity.

That's it! Pretty easy, right?

Vlknsn
Regular
Can we make it on original rom or should it be rooted device?

ReinoutS
Casual Listener

Just the original ROM, no rooting required!

wenga

This did not work for me (Galaxy S7; Android 6.0.1).

This solution is similar, but worked. Somehow Spotify just started playing the song after using the NEXT command.

enyce

this works perfect for me but how do i have the spotify android app stop the music and shut down the app automatically after I shut my lights off or exit bluetooth vehicle

I have it setup to where it closes spotify once I shut light off but the music still plays on my bluetooth radio

SUGGESTED POSTS