Announcements

I am so confused

Solved!

I am so confused

Casual Listener

Everytime I listen to a song through spotify is it using my data allowance?

I have something that says available offline progress 20 of 95, how can I get to 95

If I travel will it not work in airplane mode?

The available offline thing that you can turn on, what does it mean?

Sorry am so new at this and the more I look through these forums the more confused I get

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution!

Re: I am so confused

Community Legend

Yes, whenever you head off and your playlist/album/song is available offline. It will not use your data allowance.

I can speak to you in English, Español, Français, Italiano, 日本, 普通话, 廣東話, 한국어, Tiếng Việt

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
I'm not a Spotify official! Just here to help!

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Community Legend

Hello, it's ok! You are a newbie and should be new to this stuff.

Every time you listen to Spotify online (Spotify Free, or songs that you have not made available offline), it does use up your data allowance. 

The only time it doesn't, is when you play Local Files or made songs Available Offline.

The Available Offline button is only for Spotify Premium users (people that have paid for the service).

Spotify Premium costs varies around the world. So it's best to see.

You'll be able to make your songs Available Offline by checking it. (Should be green once clicked).

Hope this helped!

I can speak to you in English, Español, Français, Italiano, 日本, 普通话, 廣東話, 한국어, Tiếng Việt

Casual Listener

Thanks for the quick response.  I have a premium account

Because the available offline slider is showing green does this mean that I am not using data allowance and it is somehow stored on the phone?

Solution!

Community Legend

Yes, whenever you head off and your playlist/album/song is available offline. It will not use your data allowance.

View solution in original post

What is a data allowance? Is it for free users? I've had premium for a while so I can't imagine how bad it is.

Community Legend
The amount of data you have for either your Wi-Fi or Mobile (3G/4G)

Regular

Hi,

When you stream a song via Spotify that is not available offline this will use your 'data allowance' which is the amount of data you can get from your telephone service provider. There is usually a set amount per month that is free but after that you will pay per MB or somesuch. Check with your provider how much you can use and look at your usage stas on your phone. If you do go over by a lot your provider should message you or cap your usage.

To avoid this you can make songs/playlists available offline. This will save the song to your phone so that you can play it if you have no signal/airplane mode etc.

These songs take up room on internal storage so you will have a limit on the number of songs you can make available offline. This is dependant on the amount of storage you have (16GB, 32GB etc).

Hope that helps.

(c)1972 Sinclair Research Ltd
SUGGESTED POSTS