Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Identify the playlist that's currently playing

Solved!

Identify the playlist that's currently playing

I love Spotify and I use it all the time. Every now and then it frustrates me with some glaring omission, though.

I found a great playlist in the new Discover feed, and I'm listening to it right now. Trouble is, I restarted Spotify, and now I can't see what playlist it is. There's no "current playlist" or "now playing" button, and the back button was reset when I restarted. So all these great songs are playing, but if I listen to anything else, I'll never find this playlist again.

Am I missing something obvious? How do I identify the playlist that's currently playing?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey 🙂 

Does clicking on the album artwork in the bottom left of the client not take you to the playlist (assuming you are using the desktop client)? 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

So, I was facing the same issue and I found the solution. I couldn't find the current playing playlist on desktop version, so I checked my mobile app. And there it was: recently played. I hope this will help for someone. 🙂

Marked as solution

Click on the album's artwork on the lower left corner and it will take you to the current playlist. 😃

57 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey 🙂 

Does clicking on the album artwork in the bottom left of the client not take you to the playlist (assuming you are using the desktop client)? 

Peter

Peter

Right -- I'm using the desktop client on Windows 7. Clicking or double-clicking on the album artwork doesn't do anything. It only seems to take me back to the playlist if it's a playlist I made or subscribe to.

That's odd. If I restart the web player, it shows the album I was listening to in the right hand pane and clicking on the play button, resumes where I left off. What device/browser are you using?

I'm running the desktop application on PC, so not from a browser.

Sorry, I misread.

So, I am listening to an album from "What's New". I close spotify and reopen it and I see the album I was listening to in the bottom left and my play queue shows all the album tracks I haven't listened to and the history shows the tracks I have already listened to. Clicking the play button resumes where I left off. This is on desktop client 0.9.1.53.g876fa9df.

I am having the same issue and I see that the answers given don't accurately solve the problem.  I was listing to a playlist and spotify crashed (very uncommon) and when I restarted the song I was listening to was still there to play, but I couldn't find the reference to the playlist that I was on, and Im not following that playlist... I stumbled across that playlist on the discover page.

So clicking on the track in the bottom left corner will take me to the track or artist... but not that playlist I was in 😞

Any suggestions?

OK so I just checked this inadvertently, as spotify wanted to update after I started listening to a playlist in Discover. After restarting, I clicked on the playlist artwork in the bottom left of the client and the playlist opened for me. I believe this information is stored locally so it might not be available after a crash though.

Thanks for checking Joe.  Fortunately I JUST found it on the Discover Page again... whew.  Seems like crashing, to your point, won't let you figure out the playlist.  Fortunately on the mac, the app is awesome and rarely crashes.

The playlist is "Absolute Dance", for those interested... good music to code to!!

I don't code but I'll check it out - thanks 🙂

if you click the art work then it should bring up a list of similar playlists, then just look for the one with the speakers showing  and that specific one should be the playlist playing

Right-click the album art and select "Go To" - this will take you to the track on the playlist you're currently playing.

Just to point out, this ^ doesn't work if you are playing from a playlist inside browse and navigate away from it.

Peter

Under "Main" menu, there is a "Play Queue" press that on the righ you'll see the list of songs that are going to be played. On the top it says: Playing from: "The list name" you can click on the list name and follow or waht ever you like to do. 🙂

Hope it helps. Take care.

Glad I read to the last one, that worked!  Thanks

No, it used to work, but no more after the latest update on March 13th 2015.
Marked as solution

So, I was facing the same issue and I found the solution. I couldn't find the current playing playlist on desktop version, so I checked my mobile app. And there it was: recently played. I hope this will help for someone. 🙂

Please bring back the goto ability. It is very helpful to clean out playlists. It totally sucks that it is gone now.

You can get to the playlist currently playing by clicking on the album artwork in the bottom left corner of the Desktop client. I don't know for other devices.

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

I can get to the playlist but I can not get to the specific song that is playing. I am using the windows client. Clicking the album art just makes it big or small. Right click does not have an option anymore to go to the song. Now, I have to manually scroll through hundreds of entries to try to find it. It is awful.

Suggested posts