Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

If I follow someone, would they get a notification on their page, phone etc?

If I follow someone, would they get a notification on their page, phone etc?

I accidentally followed someone's page for like 5 minutes and when I realized I immediately unfollowed. Would they have gotten a notification of it by any chance?

4 Replies

Hi chelseakde,

Thanks for posting in the Spotify Community!

If you follow someone on Spotify, they do not get a notification. The only way that they could tell that you followed them is if they checked their list of followers during those ~5 minutes. You can check the answer from this similar thread on the Spotify Community, here: 

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Accounts/Do-i-get-a-notification-if-someone-follows-me/td-p/1668744

I hope this helps, and let us know if you have any other questions.

Have a good day!

AdamDamSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Spotify has some stupid ideas. No follower notifications, no playlist like notifications, no direct messaging. Do the people over there no how social media works? Isn't this supposed to be a place for people to connect over music, share and discover music? So far this is a poor platform. You folks need to step up your game and at least get on the same level as MySpace....... that's how far behind you all are.

its just a streaming platform innit 

Spotify is literally an app to listen to music on lol its not supposed to be a form of social media, and ofc theres not gonna be a dm feature its not thay type of app

Suggested posts