Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Im Auto startet Spotify

Im Auto startet Spotify

Moin,

sobald sich mein Handy mit dem Autoradio  (Audi) verbindet, startet Spotify im Hintergrund. 

Das sich das Handy mit der Freisprecheinrichtung verbindet ist super, aber dass dann automatisch Spotify startet, dass nervt schon extreme. 

Zumal es das noch im Hintergrund macht, so dass ich Spotify nicht mit einem Klick beenden könnte, sondern ich muss die App erst starten um sie dann zu beenden. 

Was soll denn das? Finde nirgends eine Möglichkeit diese Funktion abzustellen.

13 Replies

Hey there @c-y6kx43zz_vj,

Thanks for posting about this here in the Community!

We hope you don't mind us replying in English as it's the Community's official language.

So we can take a closer look, it'd be helpful if you could let us know the devices this is happening on. Further, is your phone connecting to the car via Bluetooth or with a different method? 

If you're connecting via Bluetooth, it might be a good idea switching Car View off on the mobile app with the steps below to see if that helps:

1. Tap Home 

icon_home.png
  2. Tap Settings icon_settings.png
  3. Under Car, switch Car view off.

Let us know how it goes! We'll be right here if you need more help.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

I have exactly the same problem.

My phone is connected by Bluetooth with my car kit.

Every time I get in my car Spotify starts automaticly.

I tried to change the settings, car view off, both slides are off.

Its always starting my last listened number.

Its driving me crazy, its driving me nuts...

I've almost reached the point of removing the app!

Ik heb een vraag over autoplay weergave. kan het helaas niet vinden ook niet waar ik mijn vraag kan stellen.
Nu start er elke keer als mijn nummer afgelopen is een nieuw/volgend nummer automatische te spelen. Nu kan ik dat met autoplay niet uitzetten hoe zet ik het uit zodat ik zelf bepaal wanneer ik het volgend nummer wil horen?
Hopelijk mag dit zo.
Met vriendelijke groet
jsp4

Same issue. Plz fix this, it is sometimes really dangerous to pick up the phone and having to start the app to close it during driving! 

Same problem if I connect my bluetooth bose headphones to my smartphone. If I tap by mistake on the headphones (play button), than spotify starts even if it is not started in the background! It often interrupts other apps while they playing music or sth. as well. That really annoys me! And I can not find a way to turn this bug off! Please fix this bug!

Same problem, still unfixed. When connecting to a bluetooth headset Spotify begins playing afetr every finished call.

can maybe someone from spotify advise us how to fix the problem? I was close to throw my phone out of the window

. but then i remind its spotify.. further u try to listen whatsapp voice messages via Bluetooth in the car.. then Spotify starts and u don't hear the voice message anymore. I give spotify 24 hours to fix it otherwise I cancel my contract and delete the app. 

Same. I hate Spotify for that s***

Hi, after one of the last updates-I think the one introducing car mode it annoys me and my partner, that when connected to the car Bluetooth and after opening Spotify it  continues the recent played which in my case usually it's an audiobook and not music. I tried finding a setting for that-nothing there except auto pay after finishing a playlist and car view-both are of. Does anyone have a solution for that?

Same problem for me. I'm driving a BMW car, and for me there is also another app (myBMW app) starting automatically now when connecting to bluetooth. now i have 2 apps starting automatically when starting to drive. its so annoying

Guys even 2 years after opening this issue it's still not fixed from Spotify. There's a setting required to enable/disabe auto-start once the device gets connected to a bluetooth speaker/headset or a car. As the users mentioned above, it's safety relevant, especially in a car. @Spotify folks: Please get this fixed asap. It's extremely annoying, also with people in homeoffice having connected their headphones both to their phone and their computer....

Ich finde bis heute keine Einstellungsmöglichkeit!! Jedes Mal wenn ich einsteige losfahre nach einem Telefonat auflege oder sonst wie sich das Handy verbindet geht mein Podcast weiter.. dann muss ich unterm fahren an dem Handy rumtippen damit es aufhört...  Ich versuche jetzt immer daran zu denken mein Bluetooth auszuschalten wenn mich dann aber jemand anruft oder ich telefonieren will muss ich es wieder anschalten und Spotify geht wieder los.... Wann wird das endlich behoben. 

Same here. This is typical for iPhone users like me. But it even gets better: Connect some smart speaker to your Spotify account. Use it for playing music at home. Works fine.

Now enter your car. Your iPhone will usually connect to the car's entertainment system. Music starts playing automatically … …. …. at your home!! Since the smart speaker at home was the last device you was listening on. I just recently found out that every time I was driving my car music was blasting away at home.

This is ridiculous. And neither Spotify nor Apple are willing to fix it. 

Suggested posts