Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

In solidarity: Black Lives Matter

In solidarity: Black Lives Matter

Hello, 

I want to remove category mentioned in title from the main screen of my Spotify app. How to do that? I do not want to take a part in any political fights, terrorist organizations or be anyhow connected to them by anyone (especially music app that I am using). Please post step by step solution how to remove/hide that category from my main screen, otherwise I will cancel all my subscriptions till end of the day. 

290 Replies

Hello, can I please request the same, Spotify? I just want to listen to music, I don't want to be subjected to this weird white, middle class guilt thing. I am mixed race myself and just find the way everything is politicised tiresome and annoying. 

I agree! Please keep politics out of my playlists, Spotify. This is a paid service – and I'm not paying to be lectured. 

Whether or not I personally sympathize with it has nothing to do with it. Perhaps you will condone a far-right protest next, I would hate that to happen. 

IMG_0295.jpg

Hey Spotify,

i get it. You want to do sth. good. But stay the f out of my recommendations. I dont even live in the US.

What is wrong with you?

Yes we know what is happening to this world. Make an announcement, share it on your website, social media - but please stop shoving it into my face when I'm opening the app. 

I like to just enjoy music, getting away from all that's happening right now. Please remove it.

Please yes. I don't pay for your service to be programmed with political opinions. I get enough of that all day. Is there a way to use the app without any recommendations?

Yes. Remove this from my account right now or I will cancel subscription. I'm not paying you to do this. I don't support riots in the USA that include robbing stores, destroying private property and assaulting innocent people. You know that you do it only for the marketing purposes.

Users don't need to be propagandized to about Spotify's political or idealogical leanings.

Why is this pushed on paying users, and why do Spotify see this as acceptable? What's next, an NRA playlist?

A protest is designed to inconvenience you, to shine alight on the issues at hand. You want disenfranchised people who are being murdered to sit at home and be angry where you can't see them?

I agree with the OP. This is highly unprofessional and inappropriate. I want to remain completely neutral in this - or any - political debate, and so should a music streaming service. When I open Spotify, I want to listen to music. I do not want political propaganda of any kind whatsoever. It is not Spotify's place in the world to push any political agenda under any circumstances.

I am paying for your service so my family and I can stream music. That is all. It is fine that your employees have their personal political views, but Spotify as a company should have none. Please don't do this.

I'm paying for a music service, not for Spotify to guide my morale compass and hide music that is relevant to me in favor of reminding me that racism is bad. I don't want this white middle class guilt train running over me when I don't even live on the same **bleep**ing continent as where these problems excist.

it's a music streaming service, not CNN.

This is unacceptable to push politics into the music and try to steer moral compass of users. I am not from US and do not wish to see pandering to any political nor social issues for marketing purposes in service i pay money for!

Remove this from suggested !

Snap.PNG

I did not see Spotify supporting when China Communist Party was taking over Hong Kong. Did not see support for Ukraine when Russian Federation annexed Crimean peninsula.  Back off with politics from my music!

Agree with above.  Please leave any politics out of Spotify or atleast let us remove the category quickly.

Seconded. Spotify needs to stay impartial and stay out of picking sides or lose both domestic and foreign subscribers. I switched to Spotify partially because of the political claptrap on Google platforms. I will go without a music streaming service if I have to, but I have no interest in 'solidarity' for any political cause. I'm here to enjoy my music. Stream my music. Don't come here with your political pet projects and woke nonsense.

Hello @spotify,
I'd like to remove it from my home screen, too. How can I do this?

Yes, I also request as premium user to remove all political content from Spotify.
I know Swedes like to moralize the others, you can do with your friends amd families, but here please behave professional.
We don't pay for any political content and also if we'd like to do that - there's Twitter or Facebook which are designated places.

I'm really considering to stop subscription. Absolutely unacceptable to attach music I DONT WANT TO LISTEN to the top of my application.

Why has black lives matter taken over my homepage? Racially slanted garbage is filling two whole lines of content. I listen to music to get away from politics. I want to know how to get this music off my page, and request you stick to showing me things I like, not what you THINK I should like. If your algorithms were paying attention, they would see that's not my taste. How tacky and unprofessional. My kneejerk was to cancel my subscription. But I'll let myself settle down first before I decide.

Please remove BLM category on my Spotify account as well I pay for music not for political movements to shoved in my face otherwise I will be also cancelling my subscription.

FYI: All lives matter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Suggested posts