Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

In solidarity: Black Lives Matter

In solidarity: Black Lives Matter

Hello, 

I want to remove category mentioned in title from the main screen of my Spotify app. How to do that? I do not want to take a part in any political fights, terrorist organizations or be anyhow connected to them by anyone (especially music app that I am using). Please post step by step solution how to remove/hide that category from my main screen, otherwise I will cancel all my subscriptions till end of the day. 

290 Replies

Unfortunately, I don't think we have any way of removing it. They have now put it in lower position on my home screen and have "greyed" out all the filthy explicit "music". Funny, the one playlist of over 50 songs has only 3 left, all the others they blocked from me. I cancelled my seven year subscription. They can promote whatever, but not on my PAID homepage. Many others have cancelled.

I cancelled my seven year subscription.....Spotify makes me sick pushing all the "explicit" songs....like "F*** the police"....that's a good song...lol. Buh Bye Spotify.

And they refuse to apologize for what was/is a dumb corporate move as well
as offensive to so many.

Spotify joins Starbucks as another misguided radical left wing company who
refuses to just sell coffee and music respectfully.

Twitter is badly in need of a thumbs down button. You have a point though. If we had the numbers Spotify would have pulled that BLM malarky lickity split. Money usually talks.

Friendly reminder that the forums are just for discussion. Nobody cares, this part of Spotify's world just gets swept under the rug. If you want to bring this technical fault under Spotify's attention, check out this suggestion thread instead:

Customize Start Screen 

Steps I've taken so far and recommend:

1. Vote for the Customize Start Screen idea
  2. Comment on the Customize Start Screen idea, making it abundantly clear that you want the option to remove undesirable content such as political and other material you deem offensive or inappropriate from your own start screen. The UI on that thread is different, you need to scroll way down to find the comment section
  3. Cancel your Premium subscription, citing the BLM In Solidarity claptrap as the reason
  4. Push the message below on social media (Twitter and the rest) to create awareness that this is a dismal failure on Spotify's part. We will not tolerate Spotify pushing political opinions on our behalf, or down our throats. Just the tunes, thank you

Hi @Spotify, as far as I know, I PAY for my premium subscription each month to listen to the music of my choosing. Please don't shove your political agenda down my throat. #myspotifymychoice #backoffwithpolitics

Same. Was thinking about coming back. Forget it. Find it messed up that paid subscription services promote Black Lives Matter or politics in general. Promote whatever you want on free services: Spotify Free, Facebook, Instagram, etc but if we PAY then keep politics OUT!

Right, there really is no freedom of speech anymore.  I think Spotify's attitude SUCKS.  I cancelled my 7 yr. subscription.  I'm sad, but I can't support their support of violence.  And that includes the violent, degrading. disgusting "explicit" "music".  It's all BS.

Yes, wouldn't that be great if we could hide it, but we can't and now there are even more playlists.  Spotify is telling us "screw you paying customers", we're putting on what we want and if you don't like it, tough, leave.  What a message they send.  So I left.

You are spot on but be careful this site is heavily sensored and if they
feel your posts are "inappropriate" they will give you time off in the
Spotify Community Jail as they did to me.

Spotify will not even give you the courtesy of a canned response to your
complaint emails. Never have I seen such contempt for its customers by an
established company. It boggles the mind. It is if we don't even exist.

Spotify's new corporate slogan should be "Too Bad So Sad."

There is no point in voicing your concerns here. The admins only want rah
rah posts and toe the company line.

'Suggest you and never look back. There are many other options.

Best to you.

Yes, sadly you are spot on too. I was such a big fan of Spotify for many years. I would always promote it to my friends and family. Many of them got accounts. Now we are all disheartened by the way they have treated us. Like you said not even a canned response. We have all left. Too bad, so sad. Take care!

You too. The pandering and solidarity BS displayed by companies like
Spotify, Starbucks, Amazon etc. is indicative of a country gone mad and on
a rapid decent south. It's very sad. I no longer recognize my own
country. All these companiwes care about is making money and catering to
their base. And Spotify has become the gold standard. Those they claim to
support so compasionately are once again being used. I hope this message
reaches you.

Hola. Soy un latinoamericano, de raza hispánica, y heterosexual (lo siento mucho :(, me gustan las mujeres). Solicito lo mismo, estoy harto de ver propaganda de izquierda en su plataforma tales como alusiones a movimientos raciales, homosexuales, y la lista sigue y sigue... Esto pasa cuando una empresa monopoliza un mercado, porque sí, son un MONOPOLIO y están usando eso para hacer proselitismo político. #NOMÁSPOLÍTICAENSPOTIFY

Totally agree!! Keep Spotify out of these politically motivated topics

Totally agree. Spotify is for music and entertainment.

It’s called pandering and Spotify has given new meaning to the term.
Instead of a gold standard music provider, they have become a gold standard
special interest and minority panderer. I don’t even believe they are an
American company. Bottom line, it’s all about money. And their arrogance
is incredible...they don’t even provide a canned response to member
complaints on this issue. Rudeness, arrogance, pandering....they simply
don’t care about people like you and me. Take care. Rk

I request the very same and while your at it delete Michelle Obamas garbage agenda she knows NOTHING about politics and if she is on here babbling then where is Melania who is much less toxic to my eyeballs. I thought John Elway looked like a horseface, then I saw Michelle. Step by step please or I will cancel and find nusic somewhere else, you are not the only game in town.

Dear Spotify,

In response to what I find to be the racist suggestion of "Black Music Matters", please take into consideration the following sentiment when considering such material again:

GO **bleep** YOURSELVES.

Sincerely,
A subscriber looking for an alternative platform

Has Spotify answered to this topic somewhere?  

No, they obviously don't care that some of us cancelled our subscriptions.  My home page has actually got a lot worse since this started.  I almost went back to the paid subscription, but the increase in their political agenda **bleep** me off.  So, I just mute the commercials.  I won't pay them a dime anymore.

Suggested posts