Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

In solidarity: Black Lives Matter

In solidarity: Black Lives Matter

Hello, 

I want to remove category mentioned in title from the main screen of my Spotify app. How to do that? I do not want to take a part in any political fights, terrorist organizations or be anyhow connected to them by anyone (especially music app that I am using). Please post step by step solution how to remove/hide that category from my main screen, otherwise I will cancel all my subscriptions till end of the day. 

290 Replies

I'm also requesting the removal of the Black Lives Matter playlists. I'm not interested in the political leanings of Spotify. I come for the music not your political preferences or anyone else's.

this is ridiculous, dont drag us in this political discussion.
im paying for a music service. please remove it or i will cancel my subsciption.

I also want to remove this playlist! It's not the music I want to listen to. Keep your political agenda for yourself and away from my playlists!

I absolutely agree. I never had a problem with any kind of human w/e their color or believes were. But this forcing of ideals and political beliefs makes me wanna actually start on hating BLM. This is not the first time that Spotify does something similar to this. We are PAYING CUSTOMERS. WE don't give a beat per hour about your beliefs. I will seriously completely stop my subscription if**bleep** goes on.

Are you kidding me? Forcing political agenda on a paid service. I could see this happening on a free service where you could push whichever political agenda you'd like, but not on a paid service where all I'm paying for is to listen to music. 

Fail Spotify, poorly, political fail. 

The frustrating thing is that you folks (Spotify regime) will ignore the comments on this board and shrug with a "so what if they cancel their subscription, it's not enough people to make a difference in our financial bottom-line (which is ironic in its own rights)."

Still, wrong. 

I pay for music, not proselitism. Hide this playtist from my welcome page or i cancel my subscription.

Blah blah blah, go make politics somewhere else, shill. Also paid stream music platform isn't supposed to force its opinions on customers.

Start listen to voice of your customers, Spotify! You can't force your opinions, political beliefs on us customers who want simply to listen music!! Do you understand it, Spotify?! I'm going to cancel my subscription if this category won't disappear from main screen of app! And I will convince my family, friends to do the same thing!!

I'm not even an American! 

Why I need to see your political nonsense??!

TAKE this political advertising DOWN!

The same here, Spotify please remove this.

I dont live in america and dont what that racist stuff on my recommendations.

BLM is organising COVID-19 super spreading events, while the rest of my European country is staying at home and avoiding crowds like they should. That is not solidarity!

I'm also requesting the removal of the Black Lives Matter playlists.

The world has problems -- everywhere. I use my music to escape to a place where I can focus, meditate, ponder, remember, laugh, cry and enjoy. I don't want ANY kind of hate agenda or other political agenda intruding on "my" world.

Where do we stop? Does the Ku Klux Klan get their playlist? Al-Qaeda?

Throwing my hat into this ring - get rid of this **bleep**. Keep your politics out of my app. I pay to hear music, not your opinions. SMDH.

Spotify, you have been asked multiple times since well before 2016 to stop pushing your political ideology.

Every time you ignore it because there aren't enough 'notes' on your shitty forum.

Do you not have a memory?  Have you even looked at the cases they protest?

EVERY ONE of these publicized deaths involving officers has been caused by resisting arrest!

This group has been looting communities and killing officers since it was founded in 2014.

Remove this racism from this application at once.

Please explain how the statement "Black lives matter" is related to political fights, or terrorist organisations and why you find it's a problem when someone makes such a statement.

The burden of proof is not on us to explain why BLM is not a political movement. The burden of proof is on Spotify to explain what merits solidarity with BLM on our behalf as paying customers. As a paying customer, I do not want Spotify to get involved in politics at all, and as a foreigner, I have no interest in domestic American riots.

+1 for me! Spotify, stop telling me what I have to think and believe and just let the music play. First these idiotic gender asterikses in the German version (Künstler*innen... Ughhhhhhh!!!!!), now some American guilt/identity thing I have nothing to do with whatsoever! Just stop it!

Dear Spotify, please keep this nonsense off a paid for service. I do not need a lecture in morality from a bunch of woke capitalists.

Furthermore, if you are going to promote an identitarian  protest movement why not give equal air time to the plight of the Gilet Jaune in France who have suffered daily under police brutality or the Chinese crackdown on Uighar muslims. (see what i did there 😒)

Please just do your job and provide me with music that I like for a service we pay for   (x100000  🖕

How do I remove this? This is ridiculous. Is there a Spotify competitor that doesn't shove it's political agenda down the subscribers throats?

Because it's a non sequitur. It follows an identitarian narrative that is incredibly divisive and weights certain racial lives over the other. In its attempt to reject racism, it has embraced it.

Suggested posts