Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

In solidarity: Black Lives Matter

In solidarity: Black Lives Matter

Hello, 

I want to remove category mentioned in title from the main screen of my Spotify app. How to do that? I do not want to take a part in any political fights, terrorist organizations or be anyhow connected to them by anyone (especially music app that I am using). Please post step by step solution how to remove/hide that category from my main screen, otherwise I will cancel all my subscriptions till end of the day. 

290 Replies

**bleep** I just read my post and I see they "bleeped" my "curse" word.   LOLOLOL.....The lyrics of some of the rap songs they are pushing are PURE FILTH and they bleeped my "P*ss*d" off word.  TOO FUNNY!!!

SERIOUSLY........you bleeped the letters for "Oh My God"  How ridiculous.

Australian paying customer here, there's nothing worse than having US politics shoved down my throat on a music service. Considering cancelling my subscription of 6 years and moving to Apple music if they want to continue with their virtue signalling nonsense.

My music rarely would included the look at me crowd, old protest stuff might included Steve Earle, but all formed on an educated opinion. I do not think music protest comes across when children try it, on mass, with no idea why, other than to be hip to the kids??? 

It annoys me quite a lot that I get recommended such content as norm, however during the start of this round of BLM riots, the idea I should get involved via changing my music habits with visible pressure to do so by political doublethink. 

Silence is violence? No Silence is Golden within a music streaming device. 

Spread the word....anyone considering which paid subscription music service to join should first be aware of what they are dealing with as far as Spotify is concerned. If politics and blatant corporate pandering to special interests means anything to them.

I'm tired of Spotify sticking their political agendas into a paid service. Keep things like this away. This isn't Twitter. We are paying you money for a service. Keep it neutral.

I'm seriously considering going to another music service. They keep pushing things I don't have interest in.

I mean, they've already got a 'COVID-19 Guide' in their list of music and podcast 'genres'.

I agree! People should be celebrated for their merits, actions, and contributions to the world - not their **bleep** or color of their skin!

Either Spotify represent all shades of the political spectrum, or better yet . . . DON'T DABBLE INTO POLITICS!!! I enjoy art for art's sake, not as a cog in the machine of propaganda. And Spotify should take note of this - many people use music as an escape, or just have something to play in the background.

Suggested posts