Announcements

In solidarity: Black Lives Matter

Highlighted

Re: In solidarity: Black Lives Matter

Music Fan
Highlighted

Music Fan
Unfortunately, I don't think we have any way of removing it. They have now put it in lower position on my home screen and have "greyed" out all the filthy explicit "music". Funny, the one playlist of over 50 songs has only 3 left, all the others they blocked from me. I cancelled my seven year subscription. They can promote whatever, but not on my PAID homepage. Many others have cancelled.
Highlighted

Music Fan
I cancelled my seven year subscription.....Spotify makes me sick pushing all the "explicit" songs....like "F*** the police"....that's a good song...lol. Buh Bye Spotify.
Highlighted

Music Fan
And they refuse to apologize for what was/is a dumb corporate move as well
as offensive to so many.

Spotify joins Starbucks as another misguided radical left wing company who
refuses to just sell coffee and music respectfully.
Highlighted

Regular
Twitter is badly in need of a thumbs down button. You have a point though. If we had the numbers Spotify would have pulled that BLM malarky lickity split. Money usually talks.
Highlighted

Roadie

Friendly reminder that the forums are just for discussion. Nobody cares, this part of Spotify's world just gets swept under the rug. If you want to bring this technical fault under Spotify's attention, check out this suggestion thread instead:

Customize Start Screen 

Steps I've taken so far and recommend:

1. Vote for the Customize Start Screen idea
  2. Comment on the Customize Start Screen idea, making it abundantly clear that you want the option to remove undesirable content such as political and other material you deem offensive or inappropriate from your own start screen. The UI on that thread is different, you need to scroll way down to find the comment section
  3. Cancel your Premium subscription, citing the BLM In Solidarity claptrap as the reason
  4. Push the message below on social media (Twitter and the rest) to create awareness that this is a dismal failure on Spotify's part. We will not tolerate Spotify pushing political opinions on our behalf, or down our throats. Just the tunes, thank you

Hi @Spotify, as far as I know, I PAY for my premium subscription each month to listen to the music of my choosing. Please don't shove your political agenda down my throat. #myspotifymychoice #backoffwithpolitics

Highlighted

Casual Listener

Same. Was thinking about coming back. Forget it. Find it messed up that paid subscription services promote Black Lives Matter or politics in general. Promote whatever you want on free services: Spotify Free, Facebook, Instagram, etc but if we PAY then keep politics OUT!

Highlighted

Music Fan

Right, there really is no freedom of speech anymore.  I think Spotify's attitude SUCKS.  I cancelled my 7 yr. subscription.  I'm sad, but I can't support their support of violence.  And that includes the violent, degrading. disgusting "explicit" "music".  It's all BS.

Highlighted

Music Fan

Yes, wouldn't that be great if we could hide it, but we can't and now there are even more playlists.  Spotify is telling us "screw you paying customers", we're putting on what we want and if you don't like it, tough, leave.  What a message they send.  So I left.

Highlighted

Music Fan
You are spot on but be careful this site is heavily sensored and if they
feel your posts are "inappropriate" they will give you time off in the
Spotify Community Jail as they did to me.

Spotify will not even give you the courtesy of a canned response to your
complaint emails. Never have I seen such contempt for its customers by an
established company. It boggles the mind. It is if we don't even exist.

Spotify's new corporate slogan should be "Too Bad So Sad."

There is no point in voicing your concerns here. The admins only want rah
rah posts and toe the company line.

'Suggest you and never look back. There are many other options.

Best to you.

SUGGESTED POSTS