Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

In solidarity: Black Lives Matter

In solidarity: Black Lives Matter

Hello, 

I want to remove category mentioned in title from the main screen of my Spotify app. How to do that? I do not want to take a part in any political fights, terrorist organizations or be anyhow connected to them by anyone (especially music app that I am using). Please post step by step solution how to remove/hide that category from my main screen, otherwise I will cancel all my subscriptions till end of the day. 

290 Replies

Have we found a solution to this? 

Once it told me I wanted to listen to Ellen Degeneres Playlist wth. Please remove.

@suburbansky_ch Thanks for your reply. Yes, that is also my point, all lives matter. And all lives matter equally, in my opinion. Unfortunately, a lot of people still seem to believe lives of people of a different colour matter less. That's the problem. And it makes me wonder why people here are so upset about Spotify taking a position of equality. Of course I don't support riots, neither does Spotify (I believe, prove me wrong). As far as I heard the violent protesters are a small minority, and not supported by the BLM organisation at all.

@jtvall I actually have it taking up two rows. The first row is "In Solidarity", and the 8th row is "Black Lives Matter" with more playlists. Give me suggestions of the music I like without pushing an agenda!!

How is Black Lives Matter tied to the rioting and looting, l_23g6y-i7kdn? I think that's just, like, your opinion. Any proof? So far I only heard them stand up against any kind of violence, from anyone.

Agreed, I just turned Spotify on to just relax to some music only to see Political ads and then commercials with them too. I will not spend any money on a business that insists on pushing ANY political agenda down my throat, MUSIC, Not politics. I turned it off. smdh

None of this is the issue here. The issue is that Spotify is pushing politics. I - and pretty much everyone in this topic - don't care what politics they are. Spotify simply should not push any propaganda, no matter what it is. It's a service for streaming music.

A little over a week ago we were all practicing social distancing. There were no buildings on fire, stores being looted, and property being destroyed. How is this not tied to Black Lives Matter??

The bottom line is that I am paying for a music streaming service that gave me options of music I enjoyed listening to. If I wanted to listen to listen to "**bleep** the Police" I would go and search for it, as I am sure there are plenty of user-made playlists for the BLM movement. I don't need this showing up throughout my homepage.

I'm not sure what is difficult to understand here. People are complaining that Spotify is pushing politics, not with a particular political position that Spotify is taking. Paying customers had enough of having politics pushed - period. That is the main issue. Of course as with any political hot topic, some would bend over backwards to support the cause, some would bend over backwards to oppose it, and most would be somewhere in the middle. Speaking for myself: I do not want any politics from a musical streaming platform. I am not interested in politics, and I am especially not interested in American riots.

Spotify is mixing politics in a paid service and BLM is a political "movement" . The solidarity should be with people who die of police violence, not with BLM. I consider offensive that i pay spotify for trying to indoctrinating me and my family. No, thanks ! What i find sad is that Spotify is doing this just for commercial reasons. I guess the majority of spotify subscribers may like it but that doesn't mean that Spotify should mix with politics.

You are wrong. BLM is a political movement. You can (and should) be in solidarity with what happens with any kind of police violence but not with a particular political movement that praises violence. Why don't Spotify support other situacions (China in Hong Kong eg) Look at what Amazon music did. Simple

Already cancelled my premium. Will not support companies that support/promote domestic terror groups (of any kind or political affiliation). It's absurd that this was even considered after all the violence, destruction, and looting that has taken place. 

Need the option to turn all this off please. I want my recently played to be at the top of the screen 100% of the time when I launch Spotify, not a bunch of playlist based on American politics? Its just weird, especially for those of us who don't live in the US - we don't need to be hammered with all your crazy politics all the time.

Please put in an option to keep this off the platform we pay for. Thanks.

Please remove this BLM propaganda from my paid Premium homescreen. I do not pay for this. 

I have logged a technical topic on this point as the Report button is disabled for this In Solidarity nonsense. If you experience the same technical issue and would like to also steer clear of political sideshows, feel free to add your support here:

Cannot Report Offensive Spotify In Solidarity Content 

@DevilEars

I noticed that as well. The report button was disabled for all the BLM solidarity channels.

I don't pay to see black lives matter advertisements! We should not have to see this **bleep** right at the top of our home screens!

When is al-Qaeda Lives Matter music scheduled?  What about Boko Haram Lives Matter or Hamas Lives Matter?  How biased...

@lausianne We don't pay to see advertisements, we pay to have them removed, and "In solidarity" is tantamount to an advert for BLM. That aside, we are upset because we are subscribed to a music streaming service, not a news feed, not a facebook or twitter page, we don't care to hear spotify's stance on anything, we just want music.

Attention Spotify:

At the time of my post, 13 hours have passed without a response to the first inquiry about how to remove the "In Solidarity" garbage from our home screens.

You just lost a customer.  And--you suck.

When citizens want to protest, then I say go for it! It is your American right!
When I pay a company to remove ads, I don't give them permission to display an ad for BLM right at the top of my home page!

Suggested posts