Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

In solidarity: Black Lives Matter

In solidarity: Black Lives Matter

Hello, 

I want to remove category mentioned in title from the main screen of my Spotify app. How to do that? I do not want to take a part in any political fights, terrorist organizations or be anyhow connected to them by anyone (especially music app that I am using). Please post step by step solution how to remove/hide that category from my main screen, otherwise I will cancel all my subscriptions till end of the day. 

290 Replies

In what way do you think that promoting songs that advocate the killing of police is a good idea? I know you are jumping on the pathetic "woke" bandwagon but this is a joke . I pay money to download songs not to have your political agenda shoved down my throat. Whats terrorist organization will you promote next? AL Qaeda playlist? Songs to unwind to when you are a white supremacist? Absolutely pathetic. Please delete this garbage or at the very least give us a choice to opt out of it.

Hello, is there any solution to this matter? I want this category removed from my main page too. 

1. Hey Spotify, wth were thinking? People are demanding that you remove the racist BLM Playlist, but you are ignoring paying customers. NO RESPONSE TO ANYONE. You are part of the problem. You are a foreign entity fomenting hatred based on lies. You are a company of racist SCUMBAGS, plain and simple. Stay out of American affairs that you can't possibly understand. You have no idea how extremely racist BLM is. You are perpetuating the lies and hatred by promoting such a hateful group. We are in the beginnings of a 2nd civil war and all you care about is virtue signaling for a racist cause. My settings disallow explicit content, but you completely ignored my wishes by forcing a filthy playlist filled with hate and racism. 

I also want this remove immediately, Spotify is promoting killing cops and black supremacy this is UNACCEPTABLE!

Lots of right-wing Karens in this reply zone...

I anyhow agree that it's in poor taste, but my take would be that it's extremely opportunistic and cynical for a company like Spotify to take advantage of this situation by just essentially making some playlist covers black. Like wow we did it everyone, racism is over. How about publically donating money to bail funds? You're a multimillion dollar company. How about promoting black music and artists? At the very least have black artists and people in the images of the playlists instead of just dark on black text. This reminds me of companies going full rainbow on pride month not in order to support but to just cynically squeeze out every last penny by using queer symbols.

You are missing the point they support music that promotes violence, rape, killing cops when its black rapper, but any music that is made by whites about this stuff is removed. My playlist have been getting pruned day by day cuz spotify is offended by everything, meanwhile they promote black cop killers.

To be honest you can look at it from a political view of left and right but how about just simply looking at it that spotify thinks they have the right to control your play list. You pay them money to make sure your play list is YOURS . Surely them changing your main screen is annoying to anyone regardless of where you stand politically. 

Hay Everyone,

While i have not found a way to remove**bleep** from my page or block the political commentary.

Ive have found an couple of alternatives using good old Dr Google 

• Jango (im currently using as no subsciption was required)
  • Tidal
  • Google Music
  • Itunes

Im sure there are alot more options availiable, however if Spotify continues to push this message it will be a permanent alternative.

"promoting black cop killers" lmaoo

Ah yes, Floyd was definitely a cop who got suffocated by a black man...

Hey spotify I would like to be able to remove this too. I’m not american. You’re not american either, spotify.  What made you think forcing foreign politics on me was appropriate? This isn’t what we pay for. You’re a music streaming service, and you should stick to that.

Same thing, this hypocrisy from media corporations get me sick already. Every time**bleep** happens they hype on it like it's a good thing.
Spotify, two things for you: ALL LIVES MATTER, not just black. And second, you are music app, you should provide the service we are paying for and not your fkin opinion on such events.

No solution yet. Reportedly, Spotify has let some users know that we are stuck with their idea of woke branding and we cannot turn off this political propaganda or even report it. 

I have logged a separate issue focusing on the bug whereby users cannot report certain content, such as the curated In Solidarity agitprop. Feel free to like that topic and add your description there as this is only a 'social' category, it already descended into a political discussion, and the message is not clear that it's actually a bug in the platform that needs to be fixed if users can't flag offensive curated Spotify content or remove it from their feeds.

Cannot Report Offensive Spotify In Solidarity Content 

Please remove this rubbish from my account. Do not appreciate Spotify foisting their violent leftist politics on me.

I came here to ask the same thing.  This topic or whatever doesn't pertain to me and absolutely stinks of trendy virtue signaling.  I don't care what you do as a company but stop ruining the experience THAT I PAY YOU FOR!  I've been eyeing Soundclouds premium service anyways..

"A protest is designed to inconvenience you"

You should take a marketing class because just like that you lost me. I definitely don't care about whatever you and your Facebook friends are doing now. I live in the real world.  Don't want to be targeted by the police?  Don't break the law, it's that simple.

Since Spotify allegedly responded to their customer complaints with a 'tough, you're stuck with it' attitude, I have cancelled my premium account. I will follow the forum topic where I logged a bug to point out that it is in fact a bug if users cannot flag or remove curated Spotify content from their feeds. If Spotify fixes their broken platform, I will reconsider my subscription. For the time being, I suggest you do the same: Vote with your feet, cancel your premium account and make it clear that the reason why you cancel your account is because of Spotify pushing politics like woke BLM ignorance.

Here's the link again. Give it a like and a comment to keep it on top and in their faces. I wonder how that feels...

Cannot Report Offensive Spotify In Solidarity Content 

The comment was about the songs featured on the playlists which are very racist against ethnicities other than African Americans.  I have a dream that one day reading comprehension is as trendy as being woke... Perhaps you might have stayed in school.  I have a dream.

Someone thinks they are cute and my bug report got flagged as spam. So the gloves are off: If you no longer see my bug report on the forum, kindly create a new topic around the same idea so they get the idea that we will not stand for them pushing politics of any kind. This is a bug: Users have a legitimate need to control the content in their own feed, and it is a technical flaw if users cannot flag or remove certain content from their own feed. 

Looks like they took it down. Dissent will be censored.

There is a new one that is still up, for now. And it's going to keep cropping up, rest assured. Two can play that incessant annoying game of shoving unwanted content into people's faces and forcing them to sit and take it.

Suggested posts