Is Spotlistr safe?

Casual Listener

Is this website/app safe?
spotlistr.herokuapp.com

10 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Is Spotlistr safe?

Community Legend

Most likely not. I do not reccomend using third party sites. It is very possible that it could be a virus. Same thing with downloading Fonts from third-party sites. Messing with that kind of stuff can be dangerous.

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
Follow me: Google+ | Spotify | Spotify Community

Highlighted

Regular

Hey there, I'm the developer of Spotlistr!

Spotlistr is definitely safe to use, we use the Spotify web api to handle authentication: https://developer.spotify.com/web-api/ just like any other web app that asks you to log in with Spotify.

More importantly, Spotlistr is 100% open source, so if you would like to view the code yourself, feel free to take a look here: https://github.com/BobNisco/Spotlistr

Let me know if you have any further questions, thanks!

Highlighted

Regular

Hi Colonel_Collin! I'm the developer of Spotlistr.

Can I ask why you are not recommending anyone to use third party sites? Spotify provides developers a huge set of tools to help create third party apps with Spotify, it's part of what makes Spotify an awesome platform!

Highlighted

Community Legend

I do not reccomend using third-party sites for programs. Some programs are very suspicious and I never use those sites.

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
Follow me: Google+ | Spotify | Spotify Community

Highlighted

Any idea why facebook flags the link as unsafe if you try to past the URL in a comment?

Highlighted

Regular

Hi, it looks like Facebook as wrongfully tagged our URL. This is likely due to the fact that it's hosted on Heroku and shares a URL (.herokuapp.com) with many other apps. I am working Facebook to resolve this.

Highlighted

Casual Listener

Hey Bob,

Love your app Spotlistr, lets me get really granular about my listening habits. Just wondering is it possiblt to increase the number of songs from 100 to 200 when making a playlist from Last FM for a specific time period?

Kind Regards,

Marc

Highlighted

Regular

Hi Marc, I've just updated Spotlistr so you can input how many songs you want to fetch in LastFM for a specific time period: https://www.spotlistr.com/search/lastfm-top-for-time-period  Thanks for the feedback, enjoy!

Highlighted

Casual Listener

@BobN This is amazing, Spotlistr is such a fantastic application, thank you so much!

If I think of any other feedback I will surely be in touch.

SUGGESTED POSTS