Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Kenwood Problem

Kenwood Problem

Hi

Ich habe folgendes Kenwood Verbindungs Problem. Mein DMX 7017 DABS verbindet sich nicht mit Spotify. Es steht im Bildschirm immer 'getrennt'. 

Dies läßt sich nicht ändern. Ergo keine Spotify Steuerung per Radio möglich.

Spotify hören über Bluetooth möglich, dann aber keine Ansteuerung der Playlisten.

Das Kenwood ist nagelneu und verbaut in einem VW Golf V.

Auch mit Android Auto kein Spotify möglich.

Handy: Samsung J7.

Falls jemand Ideen hat.....

Danke im voraus.

16 Replies

Habe das Problem auch (7017DABS und Samsung S8), bin ziemlich genervt. Habe nach der Beschreibung im Link eine alte Spotify-Version installiert, aber das ist wirklich nur eine Notlösung. Bitte Problem umgehend lösen!

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Android/Kenwood-Bluetooth-Spotify-App-not-connecting-to-Phone/td-p/... (siehe Beschreibung anderer User und mein Kommentar dort)

Habe eine Antwort per Mail:

Das Problem ist bekannt und wurde durch eines der Spotify Updates letzten Jahres verursacht.

Wir haben Japan informiert. Ob hier eine Korrektur von Spotify kommt

oder unsere FW am Gerät aktualisiert werden muss, ist aber noch nicht klar.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Ihr JVCKENWOOD Deutschland Web Team

Hey folks,

Thanks for reaching out to us about this, and apologies for the delay! Since English is the official language here, we hope you don't mind us replying to you accordingly 🙂

Could you first provide us with the following information, if you haven't already:

• exact Spotify version
  • device and OS version?

Once we have all that, we'll be able to help you troubleshoot this further.

Thanks! We'll be looking out for your replies 🙂

O.P. says he has the same problem as the people in that link. A new version of Spotify broke his link between a Kenwood radio and a Samsung S8. O.P. says the solution in the link is to install an older version of Spotify to restore connectivity, but that is just a temporary workaround, please solve the problem immediately.

The reply from JVC Kenwood Germany Web Team:

This problem is known and was caused by one of the Spotify updates last year. It is not known if the solution is a fix by Spotify, or if Kenwood needs to fix the firmware.

Hey folks,

We're happy to report that this should now be fixed for all users.

Let us know if you are still having any issues with this.

Happy listening 🙂

Nothing fixed. Dnx 8170 and Pixel 3 disconect.

With iPhone Playback Works but no Control.

Hey @7p-t6wdu7s_8v.

Thanks for letting us know about this.

So that we can pass on your info to the right team, could you provide us with the exact Spotify version that your phone is running?

Thanks! We'll be looking out for your reply.

This problem has still not been resolved. I am using version 8.495.785 on Samsung Galaxy S9. Very frustrating

Error persists.

Language:

- German

Samsung Galaxy Note9:

- Android-Version: 9

- Android-Securitypatch-Level: 1st February 2019

Spotify:

- Version: 8.4.95.785

Kenwood DDX4018DAB:
- Application Version: V0.0.112
- System Version: V0.104
- DVD Version: 0001

- DAB Module Version: V101 / R4706

Error:

- Verbinden ... / Connecting ...

So I'm able to listen to the music but I'm getting no controls or informations inside the Spotify application of the radio.

I tried die 7017DABS at a store. 

Spotify via Bluetooth did not work.

Samsung S7 Android 8.0.0

Spotify 8.4.95.785

Please tell me when the issue is fixed

Error persists with new version 8.4.96.953

@Spotify: Come on, this is getting ridiculous.

Problem still persists
Kennwood DMX7017BTS last firmware
OnePlus 6T Android 10
Spotify last update

Kennwood support says, there is nothing to do anymore, its the phone, not the radio...

Problem still not fixed!

Kenwood DNX317DABS

Samsung S8

Spotify Version 8.5.45.620

Android 8

Come on guys fix it!

I have just bought the kenwood ddx4017dab using the latest version of Spotify updated on the 8th of December and i get the error. Have Spotify given up trying to fix this issue? Have i just wasted my money on this headunit 😔

Hi, sorry for digging this up, but im having the exact same issue since a few weeks.. before that it was working flawlessly, really annoying. I almost exclusively bought this radio for the Spotify function. I have the newes spotify version and updated the firmware on the radio itself. Any ideas/fixes?

Thanks!

Also having this on my DNX 8170 DABS.
Tried wit several phones (Samsung S21, Samsung Note9, Xperia ZX) and all have the same problem.
As soon as you activate Spotify on radio the music option is automatically de-selected in phone BT menu.

Suggested posts