Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

“Log In Without Password”

“Log In Without Password”

Originally I loved this option through Spotify, where you’re able to simply verify through your email to login rather than use your password. Especially since I’m always forgetting them to random subscription services. However, my account was recently hacked and I used this option after they had reset my password. I was able to get into my account, but then had no idea that it was hacked - Thinking I just forgot another password. They then had access for multiple months, changing the subscription type, the email and password on file until I finally found out when I had to log in on a new phone. If I hadn’t gotten a new phone, this could’ve gone on forever without my knowing. Had the same issue with Netflix, but I had to immediately reset the password because there’s no other option - This prevented them from having access there for more than a day. Plus Netflix logged me out everywhere, so it was pretty clear there was an issue (Spotify doesn’t do this either). Spotify was super great, resolved (and refunded!) back everything, but eliminating this feature would’ve saved me (and them) time and money. Just a thought!

1 Reply

Hey there @Scaccami,

Thanks for sharing this here in the Community and glad to hear that the issue you were experiencing was resolved!

If having the option to disable "Log in without password" is something you'd like to see in the future, we'd recommend heading over to our Ideas Exchange to suggest it. This way, other Spotify users can add their support as well and their feeback on this feature.

For more info on how our Ideas Exchange works, we'd recommend taking a look at our Spotify Answer series starting here.

Hope this info is useful but don't hesitate to give us a shout if there's anything else we can help with.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Suggested posts