Lots of repeats?

Highlighted

Lots of repeats?

dpelchat
Regular

Hi, been using Spotify now that it's available in Canada to see if I'll switch from Slacker. I've been listening to "Rock" radio and am pleased with song selection.

There is an issue however... It seems the same songs play over and over again. For example, "Piece of mind" played twice in the same half hour, "Barracuda" played at least 5 times since yesterday.

Is there a setting to prevent that from happening, or am I just out of luck because the playlist is too short?

Thanks

12 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Lots of repeats?

MichaelW
Community Legend

Hi,

Welcome at the Spotify Community!

Unfortunately there isn't any option for preventing duplicate songs.

I can't find the exact playlist which you where listening to (Spotify is very big!), but at the top you should see how many files the playlist contains, and how long the playlist is.

You could create your own playlist, and add all your favorite songs (including Barracuda etc). You can just go to an existing playlist, and do a right-mouse click -> "Add to -> PLAYLIST NAME".

Or via your mobile device: Click at the three dots after the song name/artist  and click at "Add to playlist".

Highlighted

dpelchat
Regular

Thanks for the reply!

I'm not using a playlist. I'm listening to "Genre radio for Rock". I just pass the songs that play too many times, but I just wished I didn't need to do that.

Highlighted

MichaelW
Community Legend
You could create your own playlist and include the songs from the 'Genre radio'.
It should be the same way as for an playlist, described above.

Highlighted

dpelchat
Regular

Thing is, I don't want to be stuck in a predefined playlist or create my own... I tried the "Classic Rock" playlist, but it only has 92 songs, so you get to the bottom pretty fast.

I'll try creating my own station instead to see, but i,m pretty sure I'll be stuck with the same repetitive songs.

Highlighted

Peter__
Community Legend
Annoyingly Spotify's radio feature isn't the greatest. I tend to find more enjoyable listening going from playlists in Browse.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Highlighted

dpelchat
Regular

It's ridiculous... I just passed "Crazy train", passed 2 songs, bang, "Crazy train" again.

How would I be able to replicate the Rock Radio genre in a playlist and get rid of this problem?

Highlighted

MichaelW
Community Legend

How many songs are in your playlist/radio station (or whatever you where using when you got the duplicate again)? Didn't you enable Shuffle by accident?

Highlighted

dpelchat
Regular

No idea how many songs... I just clicked on "rock" at the bottom under "genre stations"

Highlighted

MichaelW
Community Legend

Just found the Rock genre station, and indeed it's not the best feature available right now. But because it doesn't show which songs are in it (or how much), it would be difficult to say if it's just the 'radiostation' or a bug..

Why don't you give the toplists a try? These playlists are regularly updated by Spotify. You can find these via the Discover button at the left menu. 

By example; the Top 100 Rock Tracks on Spotify are there for you! 

The Spotify URI for the Top 100 Rock Tracks playlist;  Top 100 Rock Tracks on Spotify

SUGGESTED POSTS