Lyrics: hard to follow hopping lines

Highlighted

Lyrics: hard to follow hopping lines

Antanas
Casual Listener

Is it just me, or does this weird 'hopping' effect applied to lines in lyrics really makes them hard to follow?

Why not make it less aggressive and let lines change smoothly so that reader could easily follow them?

4 Replies

Re: Lyrics: hard to follow hopping lines

Mattosaurus
Community Legend

It doesn't fix it, but if you click 'Full Lyrcics' at the bottom, the hopping is less noticeable.  

Antanas
Casual Listener

Thanks for reply. Good to know I'm not alone here paying attention to such nuances.

Yeah, I've noticed that Full Lyrics are somehow more comprehensible. But, again - as the folowing line jumps into 'current' position and, at the same time, font is increased, you just comprehend this as a different text and have to read it again. Far from a perfect solution to help you follow along, isn't it?

Mattosaurus
Community Legend

If there were a couple of options for transitions, I'm sure people would be happy.

kukabuka
Casual Listener

Yes, it's really awful.  As your eyes start to focus on the next line, it's font jumps up, and the line jerks up.  Extremely hard to follow.  And center aligned text also bad for reading.  Your eyes are forced to scan to a different spot to start reading on each line.

I'm not sure how it could be designed worse, honestly.

Back when there were Spotify plugins, there was a lyrics plugin that worked really well.  I wish I remember how they did it.  But for starters, if they could just do smooth scrolling it would be tolerable.  If not, then scroll by page, not line.

SUGGESTED POSTS