Announcements

Mood Booster Playlist

Mood Booster Playlist

I rarely write on any message boards, but I wanted to thank however on our staff keeps the up the "Mood Booster" playlist.  Is it Ingrid?  I have been listening to this non-stop for a really long time. I love it. I have also discovered so much new music from it.   These isn't one day I don't listen to it at least once.

Thank you!!

7 Replies

Re: Mood Booster Playlist

Community Legend
I agree, it is a top notch playlist! One of my favorite Spotify ones! 🙂

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Casual Listener

I am really digging these Browse catagories. Saves me a lot of time building these by hand and I get some great exposure to new tunes. But please no announcements. I know what I clicked on, I don't need Rixton to greet me. Thought my paid version went to free for a second there. 

You can put me in the profile of the user that does not want any plugs to happen or artist highlights and just want's to hear the music. Thanks!

"Hey this is Rixton and your day is about to get a whole lot better with mooood boooster exclusively on Spotify"

Community Legend
Could you not just start the playlist from the second track?

Peter

Casual Listener

Should I have to? Seems very counter intuitive to those big tiled buttons that make it so easy to press play when I'm in the car minimizing distractions. And I'm even less compelled to do so as a workaround to promotional tracks which is what I would argue this is.

That's me personally but I'd be curious to know, do other people really want an info track by some artist announcing the channel they just clicked on? Maybe there are?

Community Legend
I guess I don't mind them cause they are pretty short. Sometimes it makes me go and look the person up which is probably what they are aiming for!

An option to turn them off would be good, but I can't think of a way it would be easily possible in Spotify due to how the playlists are made/displayed by the client.

Peter

Casual Listener

Ohh I'm sure that is what they are aiming for. But I don't think I would look them up because they announced a channel though, maybe if I heard some music or had a reason to look them up but there is no doubt in my mind it's a promotional thing. 

Yeah I don't really see functionality to turn off announcements as a realistic solution. It was something that was introduced, just un-introduce it. It's short now, and not really on a lot of channels but thats why I'm voicing, before it gets out of control. I've seen this happen with pandora, and shoutcast servers and many non audio services as well.  

I frequently lose to anything that can be monitized and seed the audience, but hey It's a service I'm paying for and I don't want plugs so gotta try right?

Community Legend
Ah I'm with you there, Shoutcast was ruined by stuff like this creeping in over time!

Peter

SUGGESTED POSTS