Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Multi artist/genre Radio Station

Multi artist/genre Radio Station

I am super new with Spotify so I apologize if this is a noob question.

I listen to Spotify Radio.  I love it.  I dislike having to create my own playlists.  I just want to hit play...thumb up....thumb down...etc.  I noticed there wasn't a way to just "Play All Radio Stations" so I started to do some research.  I found, I think, that if you create a playlist, and then create a station off the playlist, you could "in theroy", create a muti-artist/genre station.

Here is what I did:

• I created a station with 10 country songs, and 10 top 40 songs.
  •  Then I created a playlist off this.

When i listen to the station I get either all top 40 songs or country songs, but I never get a blend of the two.  What am I doing wrong?

Thank you for your help!

32 Replies

spotibot  (www.spotibot.com) at least generates a 'related' playlist to a single artist, which works ok, but it's still not a multi-artist. It works a LOT better than the spotify algorithim, though.

I just started my 0.99/month, three month trial and so far I'm finding the same thing. I created a nice diverse playlist of alternative and pop, Breaking Benjamin and Katy Perry. Disturbed and Jessie J. What do I get on the radio station created from the playlist? Nothing but pop. Pretty disappointing.

I'm trying to figure out if I want to switch from Pandora. This lack of ability to have diverse radio stations ala Pandora may be a deal breaker I'm afraid.

Lost opportunity for Spotify.  I'd use it lots more if I could create a radio station I like. It wouldn't seem like a big problem to fix. 

Larry

this is the worst thing i've ever read in my life 

Screen Shot 2015-06-04 at 12.05.11 PM.png

The worst thing you've heard in your life is that a stranger likes popular music? Egads!

Same here, trying to figure out if I want to switch from Pandora but won't be without the functionality of random genre playlists. I have an epic combo in Pandora on my personal station - they know me!! Hardly ever have to skip - but I hate listening to 1 type of music or having to switch between stations to change genre. 😞

I'm facing the same problem that just one genre of music is played, although there are different ones in the playlist. If anybody knows a solution, I would be happy.
Is it actually possible to skip artists complete off a radio station, if you don't like them, i.e. that their songs won't appear anymore in this radio station?

After creating an account and entering 40+ songs to my music I wanted to listen to a "my flavour radio stream"...

First I thought I am to dumb to find the setting/option to start a multi-genre-radio-stream. But there is not such a feature?! o0

Really?

Dear Spotify guys - we all have enough music to listen to. On CDs, on our PCs, in Google Music, on YouTube, SoundCloud and so on. Actually we have dozens of tons of music to listen to. BUT we don´t want to manually choose an artist or a genre and listen to it like 3hrs in a row.

Okay... *cross out spotify from list"

.. hmm.. *think about it*....

*change it to "follow up in half a year"*  😉

Ciao

Wirkstoff

EDIT: Pandora is blocked here in Germany, but I found this service helpfull http://musicovery.com/

Here's what worked for me (after looking for a way to do this for weeks 😞 

1. Play a song from one of your favorite artists

2. Create a playlist from that song (name it whatever you'd like)

3. Search for and play other songs from other artists (and genres) that you'd like and add them to the playlist you created in step 2 above.

4. Play your playlist (Shuffle Play).  Then at the top right choose the "..." option and scrolldown the choices till you see "Go To Radio"

5. Chose Go to Radio and spotify will dynamically create a radio station playing music across the genres you have chosen and artists.

To test this I chose very distinct ones:  Celia Cruz, Wu Tang and Gente De Zona.

Now my station is playing Salsa, Wu Tang, Naz, Das EFX, and El Chulo   🙂

FINALLY! 

Hope this helps someone.

BL

This doesn't work.  It still chooses just one genre and sticks with it.

So I'm curious. I'm on my free trial of Spotify premium. I also want a multi-genre playlist to be created automatically from my artist likes.  

How can I get this to happen?

Yes I know this is 2017.

So I take it this was never solved and likely never will be seeing as I'm here now?

Spotify looks super weak if you want to listen more than 1 genre in one playlist.

Suggested posts