Music vs Suicide/Depression

Highlighted

Music vs Suicide/Depression

SoundsofSaving
Regular

Hi All,

I was a big community contributer (rockstar) under a different user name but have since reduced usage as I focus on my non-profit.  

I recently formed this non-profit to harness the power of music to raise awareness and money about depression and suicide.  In essence, we are a web series that asks musicians to cover a song that has helped them through adversity in their life.  A song that maybe helped them from slipping into depression and then tell us about that time.

Our very first episode launched in mid -march and it is featuring the leader of the Brooklyn based band Prairie Empire, solo artist, and Broadway star Brittain Ashford.  Episode two will feature L’rain, who released one of my favorite albums of last year.  You should check her out if you’re not familiar.  Experimental and soulful. That episode is in post production right now. 

I have shared the initial episode here and I am hoping that you would be would be willing to give us a follow and/or mentioning us in your circle (irl and/or online).  It would go a long way for a great cause.  

The first video is in the below YouTube link and there are a few other links for your reference. 

2 Replies

Re: Music vs Suicide/Depression

ArtistLARSEN
Music Fan

I find with my music, that the song itself doesn't necessarily need to be written in a minor scale to be expression depression, or have depressing vocals. Literally just writing a song can be a way of expression for a lot of people, even if what you hear isn't depressing. 

Re: Music vs Suicide/Depression

SoundsofSaving
Regular

@ArtistLARSEN I agree with this statement 100%.  

SUGGESTED POSTS