New premium user questions

New premium user questions

cliffcliffordjr

Hope someone can please help ...??? 

I am a user on my imac desktop - free service. I have the latest IOS update. 

I have gotten an email offer for a premium account that I want to accept. 

I have an IPAD, an Iphone as well as the above mentioned Imac that I already listen on. 

My question is this .... If I accept the email invitation on one of my mobile devices, will that automatically upgrade my account on my desktop as well, so I will no longer hear comercials? 

And If I accept the offer on my iphone for example - will I then be able to also listen via my ipad? 

or should I accept my free email offer via the desktop first, and then download the app on other devices and somehow sync with my desktop edition afterwords? 

Anyhelp would be apreeciated. 

cliffordjr@icloud.com

12 Replies

Re: New premium user questions

Peter__
Community Legend

As long as you are logging in using the same account on all of those devices, you should be good to go to set up on any device and then login using those same details on all of your devices to enjoy Spotify Premium. 

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

user-removed
Not applicable

How can I sync laptop to ipod touch when I connect them the device does not show up under devices. Help, Ron

Peter__
Community Legend

@user-removed wrote:

How can I sync laptop to ipod touch when I connect them the device does not show up under devices. Help, Ron

Are you connecting that iPod to the same WiFi network as your computer as outlined here

Peter

Righteousnova

Good Moring..

I'm a new premium user and I'd like to download and sync new tracks.. to my compuer.

-Simply how do you download music?  I'd like to save the music to my external drive.

I think the syncing is simple. 

Could someone point me in the right direction..  I

2 people liked this

Peter__
Community Legend

Hey @Righteousnova :) 

Spotify never gives you access to directly downloading file so you can't use them outside of Spotify. If you want Spotify to store your offline playlists on an external drive, point your cache in Edit/Spotify > Preferences > Cache to a location on your external drive. 

However, be aware to use Spotify that drive will always need to be connected when you launch the Spotify client, or else it will make a new cache on your internal drive (since it can't work without a cache) and that will render your old "cache" useless meaning you would need to redownload all of the content in your offline playlists.

Peter

builttospill11
Regular

I am trying to listen to my songs offline on my IPhone 4 and I don't think it is working.  In other words, I think they are playing with a wi-fi connection and not offline.  I tried to play them on the plane and they did not work.  Any help would be great?

Thanks,

Matt

Peter__
Community Legend

Have you synced your playlists to be offline like outlined here

Peter

user-removed
Not applicable

user-removed
Not applicable

I have  an ipod touch. I am not sure how to load songs or a playlist onto the ipod. Can you help with thiis?

SUGGESTED POSTS