Newbie question

Newbie question

ermac4482
Regular

Hi , ,so heres a newbie question.I first added Spotify on my Galax Tab 3 . I really liked it and created play listt. A few days later , when I would hit Browse I would only get maybe 4  or 5 playlist and it would give me the green loading circle. So question one is .

1.) does Spotify work for Samsung galaxy Tab 3 ( it has so far but quit loading all the playlist under the "browse " menu

Question 2

When i log into spotify on my desktop Mac Mini from 2007 , it shows my profile picture but I cant find the same playlist that I created on my tablet. So...

is Spotify just website or app created for mobile and tablets or ???? thanks for reading

Dusty

13 Replies

Re: Newbie question

Peter__
Community Legend

The browse menu did have some issues a few days back, but it should be fixed now according to the Spotify team. Can you try force closing and opening the app again? 

Your playlists should definitely sync across all of your devices, providing you are logging in using the same details. Annoyingly it is super easy to accidentally have two accounts, one with a Spotify username and another via Facebook so check your login details. 

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

ermac4482
Regular

So my samsung tablet browsing is working but still confused about using desktop. When i loginto it on my desktop , i use the same login name as my tablet but it has a pic of my FB profile pic. I dont remember even having that on my tablet or linking my tablet spotify to my facebook. Keep in mind Im using it for free but this is my first time checking it out so I just want to explore and check it out before i pay. Anyways when i log in it on a desktop ,there no where to find music.Then there is aa link " get spotify a for free " I click it and i then it brings up credit card information .

Im using a mac mni from 2007 and running a 10.5.8 and using firefox 16.0.2. Is this compitable. How do i find my play list on my mac mini that is on my sam sung tab 3  ?? thanks for the earlier response :)

Peter__
Community Legend

Are you definitely sure you are logging into the same account? It sounds like you are logging in using your Spotify username (which is not your email address) on your tablet and logging in via Facebook (with your email address) on the desktop client. 

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

ermac4482
Regular

the exact same user name and pasword, I just logged in now on mydesktop mac mini to post this, no music on this one , with FB profile pic

,but on theTablet my music is there on the left hand side bar under the playlist with no profile pic, ,( or one i can find ) , i tried this on two different internet browsers and if i remember right even one at work as well and no music, LOL i guess my table will work,just confused

Grace
Spotify Legend

Hey ermac4482!

I've sent you a PM, so check your inbox :)

ermac4482
Regular

ITs all messed up now. Username doesnt work and either does my pasword..I have to hit loging with facebook and on my tablet my playlist are there  but when I login with a PC desktop ( using facebook ) there not.Is this because I need to download the player ?? Why would Spotify change my orignal username and password to Loging with facebook when facebook's password and username is something different. So then what is my username and password?/ This is a horrible idea Spotify.

ongoing problem

ermac4482
Regular

So can anyone on here explain the rocket science behind spotify. First off I love the program but wouldnt consider paying for it if I can even log in, Im not sure where to start . I created a username and password for my samsung tab 3. Works fine. Keep in mind I dont pay ( yet ), I posted a question on this forum which can be viewed here ---->  

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Newcomers-and-Contribution/Newbie-question/m-p/690692

So then out of no where after my last few post in the question above my regular username and password dont work on my tablet. Its like an adminastrator went in and changed it. So then i would just choose the option "login in with facebook ". So apparently that work for my Samung tablet , Iphone4s . Good to go there ,

On my desktop ( mac mini ) I can log in but no music , no playlst, Do i have to downlaod an actual player to play it , or can i stream from online ? My desktop has been completley usless .

So now i have a HTC 1 phone . Im already logged into FB and i go to hit loging with facebook , it ask me a disclosure question about acessing my profile , and i say "ok" . I get "login failed " . I try my orignal username and password ,nothing. No i didnt forget it. Who ever works for spotify in made this option at this point is just comical .Get rid of the whole FB login as a whole . Read the link above for my orignal post . Anyone ? 

Re: ongoing problem

Joe
Community Legend

@ermac4482 I've merged your post into your other thread to make things easier to follow. You can download the desktop client from spotify.com or use the web player on your mac. Make sure to log in using your facebook credentials the same as on your mobile devices.

Re: ongoing problem

ermac4482
Regular

its inpossible to log in on my htc ,,, i can even record it. I hit log in , click ok for the dsiclosure,then hit just goes back to the home screen with the people with head phone. I have never expierence such messed up account . What im on device that doesnt even have facebook.I guess I will only be able to use it on certain devices

SUGGESTED POSTS