Newbie with a quick question.

Solved!
Highlighted

Newbie with a quick question.

chrisb1977
Music Fan

Hello.

I have just discovered Spotify (yes I know I'm very late to the party), so far I think it's great!

So to the point of my first post. As I understand it, the adverts will be removed if I upgrade to Premium, does this include the banner adverts that appear on the desktop app and the splash screens that come up every once in a while?

Thanks for your time.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution!

Re: Newbie with a quick question.

Josh
Community Legend

Hello!

Yes, you can remove the splash screen when you are premium if you go into preferences, and the last option you want to check "Hide on Discover page" for the ones on browse, it will usually have an icon at the top that says "Hide announcements" you click that and they will go away :) Basically there is no ads in premium at all. 

Hope this helped :)

Don't forget to add your Kudos and mark as a solution if it helped you!

Follow me on Twitter

Whats a Spotify Rock Star?

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Solution!

Josh
Community Legend

Hello!

Yes, you can remove the splash screen when you are premium if you go into preferences, and the last option you want to check "Hide on Discover page" for the ones on browse, it will usually have an icon at the top that says "Hide announcements" you click that and they will go away :) Basically there is no ads in premium at all. 

Hope this helped :)

Don't forget to add your Kudos and mark as a solution if it helped you!

Follow me on Twitter

Whats a Spotify Rock Star?

View solution in original post

chrisb1977
Music Fan

Thank you for that information. Its certainly pushing me in the premium direction.

user-removed
Not applicable

Hey there.

Did you know that with Premium you also enjoy betetr sound quality?

Just go for Preferences from Edit and enable High Quality playback. On mobiles it's Extreme. The 320 kbps quality of music.

If u have any questions. Let me know.

Peter__
Community Legend
I also put together a full comparison chart (which Spotify don't provide anymore) here:
http://community.spotify.com/t5/Newcomers-and-Contribution/Subscription-Comparison-Chart/td-p/666916

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

chrisb1977
Music Fan

Great info! Thanks guys.

SUGGESTED POSTS