Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

No shuffle as default for albums

No shuffle as default for albums

I searched this forum for a while, but could not find a related suggestion. It pertains to the iOS app. Other clients may be affected, too.

When you play music in shuffle mode (playlists, artists), the go to an album and tap the first song in the list, your intention is clearly to play the album in its original order. Otherwise you would click the big green shuffle button at the top. However, shuffle mode is retained, and after the first song, any song in the album will be played at random.

I see the following options:

a) Recognize this user behaviour (accessing album view and tapping the first song) and turn off shuffle.

b) Replace the Shuffle button in album view by a Play button. Users can always turn shuffle back on via the corresponding icon.

Let me know what you think.

5 Replies

That is a good idea, I prefer to play albums in the original order.
How can we do this?

Glad you like the idea. To achieve this, I guess the suggestion needs to be recognised as a feature request. When I posted this, I wasn't sure whether I was in the right place/forum. Can someone comment on this?

This really is the biggest annoyance of Spotify.

While it is real easy to shufle play a playlist, it is difficult to normal play an album.

To do so I need to start playing the album

Go to the current song details

Set shuffle mode to off

Restart the album or it will still be shuffled.

So why not always revert to normal playback since there is an easy shuffle button available if needed?

This affects Android client too! And it's soooo useless!

Please just put a big green "Play" button and that's fine.

Old one, but yes, this would still be much appreciated. Even something simple such as "turning off shuffle by default" when an album is turned on would be great.

Suggested posts