Offensive distasteful content

Highlighted

Offensive distasteful content

Casual Listener

Spotify has some excellent features and would be something I would be willing to purchase. However, I feel their lack of consideration for age appropriateness, music and genre history etc. I can no longer use or recommend this product. When adds about movies like Purge, or condoms, and commercials and automatically spooled up music dropping the "F" bomb. The first time I heard it is when my little girl was listening to a Christian Genre' playlist using my phone and Spotify account. I was appalled and since have been more and more disappointed in the disregard for customers you have shown. And before everyone starts getting in a tizzy that I'm trying to ban their content that's not what I'm saying. I'm saying I choose to not to want that content present and by looking at the fact I only listen to Country or Christian maybe commercials about Rap music, Rated R movies, and condoms might not be the smartest choice from a marketing stand point. Ever heard of a content or age filter? Anyways, best of luck in your endeavors.

4 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Offensive distasteful content

Casual Listener

I hope you’re aware that you can just get rid of the ads by getting premium? Also ads for condoms are not there to be pervy but to inform that you have the option to get condoms so that people and teenagers don’t get pregnant. 

I know condoms the devils glove but it actually serves a purpose. That purpose is so that people don’t get pregnant. Oh it’s god’s will(with a lowercase g) you say? Well it also protects people from getting aids and other std’s. 

You should actually be thankful of letting your children knowing about the option of protection at an early age, it’s not encouraging for them to have **bleep**, but helping them establish a better future where they didn’t get chlamydia several times resulting in them being sterile (yes, each time you contract chlamydia you increase the chances of becoming sterile, that applies for both men and women) or any other horrific std. 

kind regards, 

a non religious swede (I don’t have anything against religion, it was just a joke) 

Highlighted

Casual Listener

Also, I think you’re right with age restrictions, it could possibly be a good option to have on ones Spotify account 

Highlighted

Casual Listener

Yep, can't just be a simple request, must be a spiritual, intellectual, philosophical, religious, and political debate. Thank you for enlightening me on this one. I'll be sure to change my personal beliefs and go ahead and accept all content thrown my way, regardless of my ability to choose not to. I'll also go ahead and have that "bleep" talk with an eight-year-old, so she'll be better equipped to deal with STD's in the near future because waiting until they are out of their innocent childhood and asking them to wait until their married is disgustingly immoral. Go ahead and close this request out, all of my requests have been magically fullfilled now.

Highlighted

Casual Listener

I think it’s quite naive to actually expect people to wait until they’re married, of course if they manage to do that, great for them. But even if it’s their choice to remain celibate until marriage it doesn’t hurt to know the benefits of condoms, I personally don’t believe that a god is going to help me in any kind of way, but that doesn’t change the fact that I know that some people actually find peace with the thought of having a higher power that loves and protects them. 

And im not saying that you have the big talk with an 8 year old, but even if a child asks what a condom is you can simply brush it of as it’s an adult medicine or just simply tell them a “pg” explanation. It’s better to normalise the concept of condoms being a part life rather than having it hushed to the side and not talk about it at all. 

Now I have absolutely no idea of the **bleep** Ed of from where you’re from, however I am well aware that it’s something of a sensitive subject in America which is a shame. 

I don’t mean to offend, I just like a nice debate with people of different beliefs than mine. 

Also if you don’t want the ads just subscribe to the premium Spotify, there’s no ads on there so you can listen to country and Christian music all you want without any rap ads or something like that. 

Aaalso, the ads are based on your cookies on your device/fb, so it’ll show what the system thinks you’ll like. So someone in your household is probably listening to some rap once in a while and searching for stuff in which the algorithm might think you need condoms. 

SUGGESTED POSTS