Only Spotify, Quit Netflix!

Highlighted

Only Spotify, Quit Netflix!

user-removed
Not applicable

Hey there.

Soon it will be possible. I will listen in near future only Hands Up! music. That's because I need to do what I enjoy the most. And music is the best. So I haven't even tried a movie in past 6 months. Soon it's time to quit with TV series. I don't say movies or series are bad, but I enjoy my Hands Up! music playlist the most. I will quit very soon with my Netflix. I always go different way than others (music, my opinions etc).

Now it's time to go back before 2013 - no TV, no movies, no series. Only music. It's how I enjoy to go.

Because when I watch movies and series, I feel I watch these with force. Simple I don't need these to my life. It's hard even to watch series with so many seasons - it's a lot of time. Which I can just enjoy with music and be more happy. There's nothing to do with my mood, as this stuff is real. I really need to enjoy the stuff I love the most. Right now it's hands up, mountain biking, walking on the street with earphones and Hands Up. But TV I don't even watch anymore. And never used it from local channels.

Actually I feel bored when I sit near TV and watch by force these creepy TV channels (someone really says to like these). 😮

Netflix I really like as service. But since I can't enjoy the stuff anymore and I feel I can live without - it's time to quit with it. Like I said before in one post, in month I watch only like 10-20 episodes of TV and why to pay 8  € for that. On Spotify I'm all day for plenty of hours. Also I try to be more active here on community. I think it will be possible in near future. But right now I need to sort the stuff out. What I do with my TV etc. I want to live without it.

I will try to sell my TV, because what's the point at all to have it? This week never opened it for example.

It's a lot of stuff, but that's the way I go.

Greetz.

9 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Only Spotify, Quit Netflix!

user-removed
Not applicable

I have quited Netflix. It's canceled.

Simple I can't force myself to watc series/movies if I'm not enjoying them. I better use my time with Hands Up! music I love the most.

Because when I stop listening handsup, I want it back. But then when I stop movies/series, it's ok for me and I don't miss a thing.

Actually now I feel better, because you don't need to go with a mass. If you don't want to have TV and programs, go for it.

Go different way and you will be happy.

But crowd, the main problem in Netflix is content. It's so little and new seasons are missing - why to watch 2 seasons and then wait another for great year? U don't even know then the story, so you need to rewatch anyway it from start. But I think it's not problem in Netflix, it's FEATURE. And I choosed not to watch series/movies anymore. No matter from where, I will never do it again.

I'm still into Spotify Premum, for just 10 € in month it provides me music I like the MOST.

I hope to be more active in next few moments, as now I don't have time to waste on TV... Ha! 😄

Greetz!

Highlighted

user-removed
Not applicable

And the men will pick my TV for 240 €, it's great for 2 year old tv.

I'm happy now without TV 🙂

Because when you open it, local TV programs are ridiculous. And then ok, you have YouTube in it. I have the same on my Linux laptop. Vimeo too and Netflix I don't subscribe anymore. Why to have TV if you never use it?

I'm so happy now without this TV watching me all the time. Oh no, it hurts!

The TV stand is now almost empty. There's cable modem, some photos and stuff. But I can find somethinke to put to place where TV was.

I'm so happy without TV. Still if I find I need to watch smth on TV, I can open channel internet page and watch from it 🙂

Highlighted

user-removed
Not applicable

Hey there.

The TV is picked up and all is finally over. Now I can live my life w/o this item watching me all the time...  No, it hurts! But not anymore! Ha. Now I feel my house is more cozy and I'm happier than ever 🙂 I'm back here on Community! I have time, as now I'm not on my Netflix wathing something I don't really need. When I write here, my smartphone is connected to cable modem and I listen hands up music on my earphones with stunning and bassy sound. It makes me wanna to be active here! As I love my Spotify so much 🙂

I'm really happy now.

I suggest, try to do stuff you think it's impossible. I will update you also later, like month etc. later - how I'm doing.

For now my life is AMAZING. And now it is without tv. Really.

Highlighted

user-removed
Not applicable

Hey there.

My first day without TV.

Yesterday when I chatted Netflix, after holding for 2 minutes, the first question they asked when I told them I was canceling service was, “Why do you want to cancel your Netflix?” I responded, “I’m tired of TV. I want to live my own life instead of watching TV characters live theirs.” Without missing a beat, the Netflix rep responded, “Well, I can give you a better deal.” Hmm…a better deal than living my own life? We went back and forth until I finally said, There is nothing you can do to change my mind.

I don't think I miss my TV anymore. Today I was a lot on my bike, it was a lot of fun with music. Now I can also use my time on stuff, so I can do even more blog posts. O was actually eating a lot on the front of my TV. But now i don't eat that much. It's more cool, as I keep moving. And moreover if you watch series 3 hours on each day - that's really 1.5 Months in YEAR. It's not joke!!!

1095 hours =
1.49900532 months

Think about it twice! it's waste of time. Quit and do stuff you enjoy the most. I'm really happy now without TV!!! And actually most people on the planet don’t understand why someone would choose to live without TV stuff on your stand. They think it must a money problem or that I’m just not right. I can live with that and save great month or another without TV 🙂 Hahah.

spotify:track:42E5Cu1iF9I6OCX4vSrTZ1

Walk away from your TV. Time is right. NOW!!!
Highlighted

Roadie

Im a subscriber to various streaming/ viewing services and Netflix is probably the one I couldnt do without. New series of Orange is the New Black is out now and currently rewatching Arrested Development. Its all about moderation. Like you, I love my tunes and I love my tv too but lifes too short to just concentrate on one thing. Mix it up a little and you appreciate it more. 

Highlighted

user-removed
Not applicable

I thinke it's great idea. But I love my music a way too much 😞

It's impossible to focus on series, when I want my music back!

The TV I don't miss, but new laptop I will get. Maybe on it I will watch some episodes...

Highlighted

user-removed
Not applicable

I'm almost month w/o movies and series. I think it made my life a lot better. I'm more talking for my friends (I have little of them, I can count these by half of my another hand) - and I feel after all better. Music is all I need and there's Premium of Spotify since December 2010. I simple don't think the movies or series are important anymore and it's ok for me when someone is watching these.

Like I said, look out outside, a great weather. Some days ago I was biking to Sastamala in Finland. City and to village/lake Kiimajärvi (means Hornylake). It was 70 km trip to there and another 70 km back to my commune. I was on my bike!!! It was nice 6 hours of biking and another 2 hours of enjoying the places. Walk etc. I feel so happy.

Kiimajarvi, Sastamala.jpg

Kiimajärvi is in picture. The reason I included track info is simple. Thus track played here from my list and it made me cry of happiness here. Now when it plays on Spotify, I'm always thinking about my trip to Kiimajärvi xD

spotify:track:6HlNGtEKJF2OdHB2KIGZFK

Thanks for reading, bye!

Highlighted

Casual Listener

whats wrong with you boy.... just try to do everything in a stable dose, really..

user-removed
Not applicable

@spotifysucksdic wrote:

whats wrong with you boy.... just try to do everything in a stable dose, really..

3 months without tv/series/movies.

A bargain.

Benefits not to have TV,

http://www.planetofsuccess.com/blog/2011/stop-watching-tv-the-benefits-of-not-being-a-tv-junkie/

SUGGESTED POSTS