Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Personnel on Jazz albums

Personnel on Jazz albums

New to the community, hope this question hasn't already been answered. 

I am a long-time (65 yrs) Jazz fan and the wealth of music on spotify is almost dizzying.  However, when I play an album it would be extremely helpful if there were some way to see all the personnel, even if only their names it would be a great help.  Is there some way to find the information?

2 Replies

Generally, I think it's very sad that Spotify doesn't care at all about meaningful album credits.

Also, it's a shame to just put the year of album's (re-re-re*-) release. For example, Wayne Shorter's album Speak No Evil was OBVIOUSLY not first released in 1999. Rather, this is the year of when the 1998 Rudy Van Gelder Remastering was released. Still, this information is actually contained in all of the title names ("Remastered 1998 / Rudy Van Gelder Edition"), so why put 1999 as the album release year and not 1964? NOBODY cares in which year labels put out releases...

YES, I am aware of the fact that it's possible to show song Credits for every song. But seriously, what is the point of that, when it usually contains so little information like in the attached screenshot (the 2nd)?

A little more respect for the music would be greatly appreciated!

Screenshot from 2020-04-11 11-47-02.png
Screenshot from 2020-04-11 11-48-46.png

I use to do a Jazz radio show. Sometimes it can be difficult to find the list of artists on songs and albums. I do a deep dive on google search. 

Suggested posts