Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playlist Add - Multiple Songs at the Same Time

Solved!

Playlist Add - Multiple Songs at the Same Time

I have created a play list. How do select multiple songs in My Music and assign them all to a playlist. I can only add one song at a time to a playlist which makes it a very tedious process.

44 Replies

Can you add multiple albums at once?

me too. I'm on a chromebook trying to move lots of songs from one playlist to another and none of these seem to work.

If you are on the program on microsoft use 'Contrl' and 's' at the same time to select songs

That doesnt exist anymore.

I've tried that on my Spotify web player and it hasn't worked

Is there a way to add multiple songs at a time without the desktop version?? I use my Android much more often than a computer!

Marked as solution

If you are in the desktop version on a mac, if you press Command+A, that will select all the tracks. Then while holding Control and Command, right click, which will give you the option to add all selected tracks to what ever play list you want.

I figured it out!

On mac, you either press Command+A or go to Edit+Select All to select all the songs, or select a song, then press Shift+arrow down to select a certain amount of songs.

To add them to a playlist, once you have your songs selected, you drag them to the playlist you want them in. (Note you have to have the new playlist already created.) 

If hitting Ctrl and A doesn't work. Click on another folder, then back to songs and try Ctrl & A again and it should work. Hope that helps! PS. This can only be done on the downloaded version on the computer.

I know that all these methods were for the downloaded desktop app. Is there any way to do this on the webplayer or on the android app? 

I guess the fastest way on mobile would be to go to each artist album and add it to a playlist. For individual songs, unfortunately, you would have to do each one individually. Spotify should definitely add a select option for songs.

what you can do is

1. go to edit

2. select all

3. copy 

4. then paste into the playlist you want

worked for me! 🙂

How can I add all of the music that I'm "Following" into one Playlist or just have Spotify randomly play songs from everything that I'm Following?

This is disappointing. How is Spotify going to compete if they don’t have a user friendly app that makes it easy to quickly make a playlist. 

SOLUTION:

To copy songs to another playlist select them and RIGHT-CLICK anywere on the selected songs.

A smaller menu will pop-up and you choose "Add to Playlist".

Que maricotas

Man did you even read the messages above? The point is about a possibility to select multiple songs using the ANDROID APP. Thank you all the users who posted the same solution about the windows software.

Hmm, where is the Edit button in other people’s playlists?

this worked!!! thanks x

I'm glad😊, it makes it a lot easier!

Suggested posts