Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playlist Add - Multiple Songs at the Same Time

Solved!

Playlist Add - Multiple Songs at the Same Time

I have created a play list. How do select multiple songs in My Music and assign them all to a playlist. I can only add one song at a time to a playlist which makes it a very tedious process.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi there,
Welcome at the Spotify Community!

Via your desktop you can select multiple songs with the CTRL (command for apple I guess) key. Then you can do a right click and choose 'Add to -> Playlist Name'. 

Did you try it on a desktop, or an mobile/tablet device?

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Hello MichaelW,

First off thank you for your feedback as it worked as expected. However, I wanted to clarify that your feedback is for the Spotify Program. If a person is using the web play version, as I was, the multiple selection criteria you described does not work. Which I did not know when this question was posted.

Just an FYI, you can also do a select all using CTRL + A, Right Click, then add to the playlist you want.

To download the program go to spotify.com and download it from the main page. The link is right on the middle of the page and you cannot miss it.

Marked as solution

On a mac go to edit and click select all

Marked as solution

If you are in the desktop version on a mac, if you press Command+A, that will select all the tracks. Then while holding Control and Command, right click, which will give you the option to add all selected tracks to what ever play list you want.

44 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi there,
Welcome at the Spotify Community!

Via your desktop you can select multiple songs with the CTRL (command for apple I guess) key. Then you can do a right click and choose 'Add to -> Playlist Name'. 

Did you try it on a desktop, or an mobile/tablet device?

Marked as solution

Hello MichaelW,

First off thank you for your feedback as it worked as expected. However, I wanted to clarify that your feedback is for the Spotify Program. If a person is using the web play version, as I was, the multiple selection criteria you described does not work. Which I did not know when this question was posted.

Just an FYI, you can also do a select all using CTRL + A, Right Click, then add to the playlist you want.

To download the program go to spotify.com and download it from the main page. The link is right on the middle of the page and you cannot miss it.

I'm sorry to hear that, but as you didn't say you used the web player or the program, I assumed you used the program.

Glad you've figured it out 🙂

I am having the same problem. I'm on a PC and using ctrl or shift does not work. Do you have to click on a certain part of the song title? 

HI,

I have gone to Spotify.com and downloaded it to my Macbook and I have tried to do what you say worked for you but it doesn't for me.

When I press Control + click I still can't select more than one song to move to the playlist.

Maybe I don't understand what the difference is between "the program" you mention and the download of Spotify I did, what I see on my Macbook is my Spotify account with all my music, playlists, etc. that is where I'm trying to do this solution and it doesn't work.

Thanks.

On mac, should be Command + Click.

Know this is old, trying to help 🙂

None of these work for me...  (on mac, in firefox)

Download the app on your Mac

Why does CTRL+A then clicking add to playlist not work for me??? it just adds the song i've clicked the three dots on and not all the others selected. This is so infuriating!

I'm on my iPhone, is there any way I can add multiple song from my songs list , onto one playlist ?? Please help

this solution will not wrok for my desktop any ideas??

Thanks man. Been trying to figure this out for like an hour. 

Any ideas how to batch add using Android app? In my case, the "Songs" would be a source, and one particular playlist a destination.
Screenshot_2016-09-25-06-05-33.png

I too have this problem. Please let us know how to solve this...

Latest solution:

On desktop version of spotify you can select multiple tracks as discussed above in this thread. Once you have selected your favorite songs, go the 'Last selected' song in the playlist and right click anywher on the track and select 'add to playlist'.

This moves all selected songs which were 'above' the 'last selected' song in the playlist from where you wanted to move the tracks

I have tried to do the ctrl+a method on Windows 10 Desktop version but it doesn't work. Is there any workaround?
Marked as solution

On a mac go to edit and click select all

I can't select all...?  I'm on a chrome book and ctrl + a doesn't work

So how can you do this with the web player version - which is what I'm forced to use.

Adding tracks one at a time is tedious as has been stated.

Suggested posts