Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playlist Cover Not Updating

Playlist Cover Not Updating

I have this issue on both free and premium accounts, using windows PC or laptop. I change the playlist cover with a new one but for some reason Spotify reverts to the old one.

Top Answer
Mihail
Spotify Legend

Hey folks,

Thanks for searching for the answer you need here.

If your playlist cover is not updating we recommend that you first try logging out of your Spotify account, restarting your device and logging in anew.

If that doesn't do the trick, it's a good idea to run a clean reinstall to remove any possible damaged app files.

Keep in mind that it might take up to 48 hours for the cover art to get updated. 

Hope this helps. Let us know how you get on.

26 Replies

Exactly. So frustrating that we still run into that issue from time to time!

Hey! 

I am experiencing this issue where I'm uploading new cover art for my Spotify playlist but when I'm copying over the playlist URI to display the playlist on the Spotify media player on a website, it's reverting back to the default of the album covers of the first few songs on the playlist. 

I've done a clean reinstall of the app and am still experiencing this issue. 

How do I fix this? 

Screen Shot 2020-12-23 at 6.10.34 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-12-23 at 6.11.14 PM.png

Hey @luckc1975

Welcome to the Community!

It might take up to 48 hours for the cover art to get updated. 

If it doesn't and you keep seeing the default cover art on other devices, could you send us the URI of the playlist? To get it, open the Spotify desktop app > click the three dots next to the content > Share > Copy Spotify URI.

Let us know how it goes 🙂

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hi Eni, 

Thank you for your help! The playlist/album covers are now displaying on the Web player embedded on my website, however they are not transferring when I try to share the playlist on Instagram stories. It's still reverting back to the first 4 songs album cover compilation display, when I've uploaded a separate image for that playlist that has been uploaded for a couple weeks now. 

Would love any suggestions in getting this playlist cover art to be able to display when sharing playlists to instagram stories. This is happening to all of my playlists with customized uploaded playlist/Album cover art. 

Here is the URI of one of the playlists: spotify:playlist:2571UPQ2SFNf7lbl7bFgim

Thank you so much for your help!

-Cara

IMG_C8689AAA7AAD-1.jpg

Hi again @luckc1975

Thanks for getting back to us.

Keep in mind that when you share a playlist with a custom cover on Instagram, it will be automatically replaced with the default four-tile album artwork instead.

However, other users also think it would be a good idea to keep the custom artwork when sharing to Instagram. In this case, we'd recommend to add your +VOTE and Subscribe to this thread. That way you can stay up-to-date with any relevant news about this.

If anything else comes up, we're always one reply away. 

Have a lovely day 🙂

NovyModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hey folks,

Thanks for searching for the answer you need here.

If your playlist cover is not updating we recommend that you first try logging out of your Spotify account, restarting your device and logging in anew.

If that doesn't do the trick, it's a good idea to run a clean reinstall to remove any possible damaged app files.

Keep in mind that it might take up to 48 hours for the cover art to get updated. 

Hope this helps. Let us know how you get on.

Mihail Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi Mihail, thanks for trying but that is the kind of advice that proves nobody at Spotify with the slightest bit of technical clue has given a minute of attention to this problem. It's the kind of advice that gives technical support forums such a bad reputation.

Suggested posts