Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playlist doesn't play all songs

Solved!

Playlist doesn't play all songs

Hello, 

Lastly, when I want to listen to my own playlist with more then 1000 songs and I select Shuffle, he doesn't play every song anymore. In fact, I only hear the first 100 songs and not more. How can this happen en how can I fix this. My playlist is private but if you need to make my playlist open, I will do that. 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I've reinstalled the app, that didn't work. However, when I started first another playlist, then erase the app, then reinstall and then select my own playlist it works again. So it's solved. 

View solution in original post

39 Replies

Hey @AllOfJas,

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app. Just follow these steps.

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest next!

/B

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

@billy-J, I have tried it already earlier but it still doesn't work  I'm using sometimes my Spotify on Android, sometimes on the web player. Do I need to reset my full android version? Or is there something else? Or is it something wrong with my playlist? 

2 weeks are passed since last reaction but still no solution. Anyone who can help me? 

@AllOfJas,

Apologies for the late reply! 

Could you try uninstalling, this time - check your internet connection, and try using another internet connection. 

If that doesn’t help, try this on another device to see if that helps.

Keep me posted 😊

Billy-JSpotify Star
Marked as solution

I've reinstalled the app, that didn't work. However, when I started first another playlist, then erase the app, then reinstall and then select my own playlist it works again. So it's solved. 

@AllOfJas,

I’m glad to hear you got things fixed. If you need anything else, we’re always happy to help. 

The day you open your mind to music, you're halfway to opening your mind to life - Pete Townshend

Billy-JSpotify Star

Hello. About the issue with the playlist, I did everything that was sugested, none of the solutions solved my problem. Also, my account is linked to my Facebook account, but, in the Spotify app, it shows a much older photo and a total random username (something like 22lqrj5nl4... and it goes on...). How could I fix those problems?

This situation has not been resolved. I have the same problem on my computer. A playlist of many songs, just play in my case no more than 20. Change Browser and nothing. I have a good connection, everything is needed but nothing. This did not happen before and I see that the problem is experienced in other users. It seems to be in the playlist of many songs, it shouldn't happen but it does.

Clarification Note: This situation occurs to me in the Spotify Web Player, not in the computer application.

I have the same problem in my desktop spotify web player. Long playlists can not play more than 25, stops. 

I get the same issue and I am wondering if it is because I have the 'repeat' setting enabled. 

My playlist has several hundred tracks but when I tap 'Shuffle play' or on any track and look at the queue only a smaller sample of the playlist is in the queue. When the player gets to the end of the queue what should happen is that the queue is refreshed with a bunch of new tracks from the playlist. I'm wondering by having 'repeat' enabled the player is simply repeating the queue and not refreshing. 

Personally I've never liked the queuing system in Spotify. It is fungly and unpredictable at the best of times.. 

This happens to me but only in the web version of Spotify. It seems to be a buffer problem but I have noticed that for a while and there are no Spotify remedies or updates. A playlist as an example of more than 100 songs, when it reaches 25 it freezes. It seems to happen in the PC application but I have no problems there, only in the Spotify Web Player.

THIS IS A HUGE PROBLEM FOR ME AT THE MOMENT CAN WE GET THIS FIXED

This is tagged solved but was not solved one bit, no solution on this thread is practical. i remain to have this problem on my spotify app player on my computer. my liked songs are now in the "liked songs" playlist. when that playlist containing 4000 songs is put on shuffle only plays 

the first one hundred lastly saved songs

Hey @Mcblunt518,

Thank you for reaching out to us and letting us know about this.

We have an ongoing issue with Liked songs starting from the first one currently.

You can take a look at it by clicking here. You can leave a +Vote and your details to help our team with the investigation.

We hope this helps. If you have any other questions we'd be happy to help 🙂

ElenaModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

This will never be fixed. It has been an issue for as many years as I can remember, and on many different devices.
There may be a few temporary fixes out there, but they will always be temporary. The issue will come back at some point.

I'm pretty convinced the only real solution is to switch your music streaming provider. I'm very close to doing that, just because of this issue.

Hey @Tagrende,

Thanks for the post.

The shuffle algorithm prioritizes songs you tent to listen to more, so in very large playlists it might appear that it's playing the same songs.

In cases like this, we can recommend you split very large playlists into smaller ones. 

Hope this helps.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

That is clearly not the case here!

It shuffles just fine on my Mac, no problem, I get to listen to all songs in a random order.

On my Samsung phone, I only get to listen to the first like 100 songs or so on the playlist. I NEVER hear the songs at the "bottom" (about 400-500 songs).
It is a bug, no doubt about it, and I have come to believe that it will never get fixed.

Thank you for your suggestion, but I don't believe you're right in this case.

Suggested posts