Playlists Tips

Highlighted

Playlists Tips

jordan6fine
Casual Listener

As you probably already know, you can sort your playlists into folders on the desktop client. If not, just go to File > New Playlist Folder, and voila! You got a new folder where you can start placing your playlists. It's amazing. 

How I like to organize my playlists:

- Following Playlists: playlists that I follow by other spotifyers. 

- Lifelists: I make playlist for recurring events in my life, like walking home or going on an airplane ride. 

- Albums: This is where I save my favorite albums or current albums I'm addicted to

- Moments: This is where I make playlists for moments in life. Like a concert I really enjoyed or a party playlist. Moments never to forget~

- Public Collablists: These our public playlists that I have as Collaborative Playlists. I love hearing other people's recomendations and suggesting new tunes to people. Suggest me stuff! 

The nice thing about playlists, especially for my Lifelists playlists: The ability to save a playlist for offline on the mobile app. Currently, I have my Walk Home playlist saved to my phone, so whether you are walking though LTE-holyland or you are in the caves of the NYC subway, you always have your tunes. 

ProTip: Think about your next day or week, and plan your Lifelists accordingly, and then save them for offline. That way, you always have something new and fresh to listen to. 

4 Replies

Re: Playlists Tips

Peter__
Community Legend

Nice tips @jordan6fine :) 

I could really do with finding some time to organise mine! I also have a small section for party playlists - being students and all! ;) 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

ktinamk188
Regular
Great ideas!!! I'll throw one more out there. I have gotten into the habit of doing it this way over the summer. I've attended a lot of festivals, and when I snag my ticket I make a spotify playlist of my favorite songs from the artists that will be performing at the festival. It is a great way to get amped for the show, and also to relive the experience later.

Spotify
Spotify

Nice tips, @jordan6fine :)

-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Spaceboy88
Roadie

These are some great tips.

One thing I like to do is create a "Best Of" playlist folder and then create separate playlists under each for some of my favorite artists. When I'm going on a long trip, I can just shuffle that entire folder and get some of my all time fav songs by artists.

I also like to create playlists folders for each year and put some of my favorite albums under it.

SUGGESTED POSTS