Need help? Check out Spotify Answers for solutions to a wide range of topics.
As you probably already know, you can sort your playlists into folders on the desktop client. If not, just go to File > New Playlist Folder, and voila! You got a new folder where you can start placing your playlists. It's amazing.
How I like to organize my playlists:
- Following Playlists: playlists that I follow by other spotifyers.
- Lifelists: I make playlist for recurring events in my life, like walking home or going on an airplane ride.
- Albums: This is where I save my favorite albums or current albums I'm addicted to
- Moments: This is where I make playlists for moments in life. Like a concert I really enjoyed or a party playlist. Moments never to forget~
- Public Collablists: These our public playlists that I have as Collaborative Playlists. I love hearing other people's recomendations and suggesting new tunes to people. Suggest me stuff!
The nice thing about playlists, especially for my Lifelists playlists: The ability to save a playlist for offline on the mobile app. Currently, I have my Walk Home playlist saved to my phone, so whether you are walking though LTE-holyland or you are in the caves of the NYC subway, you always have your tunes.
ProTip: Think about your next day or week, and plan your Lifelists accordingly, and then save them for offline. That way, you always have something new and fresh to listen to.