Playlists with local files don't download all songs on iPhoe and iPad

Solved!
Highlighted

Playlists with local files don't download all songs on iPhoe and iPad

Casual Listener

I’m creating playlists from local files (mp3s) on my mac (OSX 10.9.4), but they won’t sync properly on my iPad and iPhone anymore. The playlists are set to Offline Mode, but only a few songs download. Most songs are gray and can’t be played on my devices. They can be played on my mac though. All other Spotify Playlists play, sync, and download fine. I re-installed spotifuggle, reset my devices, deleted and re-imported the local files. Nothing helped. It used to work fine. Any ideas why this doesn’t work anymore? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Solution!

Re: Playlists with local files don't download all songs on iPhoe and iPad

Casual Listener

Hi,

a new update for spotify on my MacBook just became available. After installing this latest update and restarting spottifuggle, it now works normal again, hurray!

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Highlighted

Community Legend
You need to sync local files over to your devices by connecting them to the same WiFi network as your Mac - the devices will appear in the right hand column under the heading "Devices" if Spotify is connected to them (which will happen automatically if they are available on the network).

Be aware, some firewalls and security software block those connections, so you may need to disable them as well as ensuring uPnP is enabled in your router settings.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Highlighted

Casual Listener

Hi Peter,

thanks for your quick reply and suggestion. My home network has been in place as-is for about 6 months, and spotify worked great. This problem started a few weeks ago, out of nowhere. Nothing in my network changed. I have an Apple Time Capsule, newest model and spotify sync used to work fine with it. All my devices, macbook pro, iphone and ipad are all updated to the latest OS versions. Everything in my environment is in tip-top shape. How come that spotify simply stops working properly? I am at a loss and appreciate any help.

Highlighted

Spotify Legend

How much free space do you have on your iPad and iPhone? 

Feel free to contact us at https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/ so we can look into this further 🙂

Highlighted

Casual Listener

17gb free on iphone, 12gb free on ipad. both are 64gb idevices.

Highlighted

Community Legend
When on the same network, can you see your iPhone and iPad under "Devices" in the left hand sidebar of Spotify?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Highlighted
Solution!

Casual Listener

Hi,

a new update for spotify on my MacBook just became available. After installing this latest update and restarting spottifuggle, it now works normal again, hurray!

View solution in original post

SUGGESTED POSTS