Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Podcast pages appear empty in Egypt

Podcast pages appear empty in Egypt

Hi everyone.

I'm a regular Spotify user living in Egypt, and was thrilled to know Spotify officially launched here recently.

But thing is, I can't find podcasts in the app here.

The "Podcasts" section is present but always empty for some reason. And opening the page of a podcast on Spotify from an external app/page also opens an empty page with no episodes.

So, any idea why?

podc.jpg
7 Replies

Yes, I can confirm that podcasts are not working in Egypt! Please fix that, or else what is the use of the premium subscription, I can go to Deezer instead...

Hey @hazemamand @Ahmedhamdy900,

Thanks for posting about this in the Community!

We can confirm that podcasts are currently not available in Egypt.

We don't know when they will become available, but we suggest that in the meantime you create an idea in the Community for it so that you and other members of the Community can vote it up. That way, if the idea gets enough votes, then Spotify might consider implementing it in the future.

Hope that helps! Keeping our fingers crossed you get podcasts in Egypt soon 🙂

Thanks for the reply, but I think I won't buy a premium subscription until the podcast is added 🙂 The steps you mentioned seem a long shot to be honest.

Not to mention that not all the songs are available in Egypt...

I guarantee that I was listening to it before, but not it disappeared. So why doesn't exist anymore in Egypt? Is it a kind of restricted demographic and geographic location?

Hi Peter,

Any chance you can revisit this topic and advise? Podcasts are still not available in Egypt.

Hey there @alkhateeb_92

Thanks for reaching out to the Community about this.

The podcasts are still not available in Egypt. However, you can check out this idea and support it by clicking on the +VOTE. We always take new ideas and feedback into consideration to improve the app, and you can read more about how ideas work here.

As a heads-up, it's good to know that the higher the number of votes an idea gets, the more likely it is for the idea to be implemented 🙂 

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any more questions.

Thanks! I've upvoted this.

Suggested posts