Previously available song now unavailable

Solved!

Previously available song now unavailable

Songsta
Casual Listener

As a spotify premium customer I saved "Bazza Mckenzies Party Songs" by Auzzie great Barry Crocker. Its a hard record to come by and I was telling all my mates how wonderful Spotify was to have this classic.

Sadly now the whole album is showing This song is not available for each track. Why is this so Spotify? Can you or someone out there please help me with this? I live Spotify but I'm really missing Bazza!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution!

Re: Previously available song now unavailable

Carina
Community Legend

Hi @Songsta and welcome to the community!

Unfortunately, Spotify is not responsible for missing music and removals of music that used to be available. If there's an artist/album/song missing, it's because the label/legal owner doesn't want it to be on Spotify or it is not available in your country (anymore). I suggest reaching out to the label and ask why this album is not on the platform anymore.
Read this post (point 5) for further information: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Other-Partner-Devices/Music-FAQs-You-want-to-read-this-first/m...
It's common that music is added and removed from time to time, even if it's an old album.

15 Replies
Solution!

Carina
Community Legend

Hi @Songsta and welcome to the community!

Unfortunately, Spotify is not responsible for missing music and removals of music that used to be available. If there's an artist/album/song missing, it's because the label/legal owner doesn't want it to be on Spotify or it is not available in your country (anymore). I suggest reaching out to the label and ask why this album is not on the platform anymore.
Read this post (point 5) for further information: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Other-Partner-Devices/Music-FAQs-You-want-to-read-this-first/m...
It's common that music is added and removed from time to time, even if it's an old album.

Songsta
Casual Listener

Hi Carina

Thanks for your response. I did send feed back per the link you provided.

I don't however think the suggestion for me to be chasing up a record label / artist n begging them to return to Spotify is my responsibility. Essentially what has happened is that Spotify has lost a supplier. I as a customer am not that happy I can no longer access that supplier. It does behove Spotify therefore more so than me to ensure its suppliers remain onboard.

That said I'm a huge spotify fan and will continue to support & the service. I just hope that overtime Spotify encourage more artists go streaming. Its surely a better way for us all. And be great if Spotify can somehow canoodle Barry Crocker to put his album back on spotify alongside his other work.

Thanks again for your time n effort!

lionhawk93

Sadly sometimes despite Spotify's best efforts, artists decide to pull out. Look at Taylor Swift. She just puller her entire cataloge off because she thought her music wasn't being appreciated enough, i.e. she wanted to make more money off of it by not letting people stream it on here...

allyuber
Doesn't make any sense. If the artist chooses to not have ties with spotify, then why is spotify listing albums and tracks?

Intika
Music Fan

This is why i am leaving premium, customer since many years... i have a huge playslists now and 5% of my songs are unavailable and sometimes it's for albums that i often listen to.

Back to old habbit, downloaded my playlists on MP3 hight quality, thanks god i found an easy way to do it. and now i will use spotify as additional player not my main one anymore !

This is a real mess because we are paying for the service.

Spotify should make a cotract to oblige editors to leave the song as it is once published, it's like you buy a disk and after 2 years the editor know at your door to get the disk back because he decided to.

Even legally it's not that correct thus kind of behaviour, "because we can then we will do it ?!!!" it's not a reason ! at all !!!!!

Numeric technologies should make us progress not regress.

I was really happy to use spotify like that editors get money, but now,  f*** them. i am back to the dark side nothing better than that.

Ciao

Note : many solution are available to sync music, google music etc. the migration will be easy.

lokiilox

same thing is happening to me as well

Samuel7
Roadie
Thank you Carina. You are right. This is the main problem I think.
Expert

Samuel7
Roadie

It might be artist removed his songs from Spotify.

Expert

stefvgl9123

So Tupac IS still alive and deleted 'California Love' from my playlist?

SUGGESTED POSTS