Announcements

Privacy Feedback and other tips

Solved!

Privacy Feedback and other tips

hrumble

Hey Spotify, I am beginning to really love your app, you make discovering music easier than it's ever been and my music taste has been benefitting greatly because of this. I just wanted to bring up a few things I think would be really awesome if added/changed. The first has to do with pricacy. I think it was really smart to include a "Private Session" option in Spotify. The idea of private listening is a bit pretentious obviously, since it's basically bending to the will of people who judge others by their music taste, but alas, such is the world we live in, so I commend you on making this feature available. I often want people to see what I'm listening to, and rarely want to hide it. But while the idea is great, the execution I feel is a bit clunky. Having to constantly click the Private Session on and off is a hassle, and often I forget to turn it on, or turn it back off, especially when I'm listening to my Library on shuffle; I can't be constantly babysitting my privacy setting.

So I was thinking, why not adopt something like iTunes has (sorry if that makes you cringe, but you have to admit iTunes has a great user experience). The idea is that you could check or uncheck which songs you want to appear public, and which ones would be private. This could be kind of time consuming, but instead of trying to do it all at once, people could check a song Private when they arrive on it, which takes about as much effort on the user's part as you're asking with your current privacy option, except now everytime that song plays again, it won't appear on all your friends' Facebook ticker! So in the end less effort (because seriously, who's going to listen to all of their guilty pleasures in one sitting.) I think this feature would be widely praised by users and could add a significant number of converts.

The other ideas are all smaller adoptions from iTunes. One is being able to add songs to your Library without adding them to playlist or starring them. I'm sure you get this suggestion all the time and I don't really see the logic of forcing users to counter-intuitively, indirectly add songs to their library. I also think you should be able to delete songs easily from your library without having to delete it from the Local Files. Lastly, I'd like more sorting options in the library. In other words, give the Library some love; I know you guys like promoting the hell out of playlists, but the Library is where I live, and I doubt I'm the only one, especially when most people are switching over from iTunes, they'll probably appreciate a Library-centric experience with similar features. Hope to hear a reply from you guys soon! Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution!

Re: Privacy Feedback and other tips

Sam
Spotify
Spotify

Hi hrumble,

I'm pleased to hear you're enjoying the app. Some of your ideas here are pretty good, but to get them noticed it's probably best to get them posted in the 'Ideas' section of the Community. Developers do regularly check the goings on over there, so these ideas are far more likely to be seen. You'll also be able to see how many more people are on board.

Just head over here... http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/idb-p/ideaexchange

-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Solution!

Re: Privacy Feedback and other tips

Sam
Spotify
Spotify

Hi hrumble,

I'm pleased to hear you're enjoying the app. Some of your ideas here are pretty good, but to get them noticed it's probably best to get them posted in the 'Ideas' section of the Community. Developers do regularly check the goings on over there, so these ideas are far more likely to be seen. You'll also be able to see how many more people are on board.

Just head over here... http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/idb-p/ideaexchange

-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

View solution in original post

SUGGESTED POSTS