Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Re: Generic connection issues, add your tips please.

Re: Generic connection issues, add your tips please.

I have just recently upgraded to Premium and am very disappointed as it seems I have totally lost quality in terms of the the connection! I have been using the free version since it was launched in Australia with no problems at all. Since upgrading, every single track I play either stops multiple times during the track for quite long periods of time or won't even play at all.  I'm not experiencing any internet connection issues with anything else that I am doing online. I checked my Spotify service status and it says it's fine. Nothing has been changed in my firewall settings or anti virus settings at all since I upgraded - I was using Spotify free without any issues, then switched to Premium and immediately, on that same day, started experiencing problems. If this can't be fixed I will unfortunately be cancelling my subscription.

21 Replies

Hasnt been working since at least yesterday, still not working (except in offline mode).

Getting error 117 at the minute but 102 or 103 will be along in a minute I suspect.

I am a Free user not Premium... so its not just the paying customers (but I am glad I'm not paying for this service)

Can I just add that this situation is likely to be bad for Spotify.

Continuing to post "All systems are up and feeling jolly good" on the Spotify status page with complaints about inability to connect from many frustrated users (who like me wasted loads of time on the usual time-wasting suggestions of reinstall and check your firewall) will most certainly put users of the "free" service like me from ever stumping up for subscription services. It will also deter advertisers.

It is a basic tenet of customer services that you at least let your users know there is a problem. Yes, it now says (nearly 2 days late) on the Twitter page that you are looking into a problem, but you are still saying "All systems are up and feeling jolly good" on the easier to find Spotify status page when it is quite clear from complaints from Europe and Australia that it is anything but.

This is quite basic, and it is what (more than the fault itself - any system can develop a fault but people will forgive readily if you explain there is a problem) is causing the anger among your users.

Any system can develop a fault, but please let us know when it does.

Suggested posts