Announcements

Reasons why did Spotify not transfer Starred to new "Your Music - Songs"

Highlighted

Reasons why did Spotify not transfer Starred to new "Your Music - Songs"

Music Fan

I wonder why Spotify did not transfer our Starred songs over to the new Your Music - Songs thing.

Does anyone have any ideas why Spotify wouldn't do such a simple thing?

Wouldn't it seem obvious to move starred songs over to our new collection by default?

Starred songs are obviously part of our collection, at least.

The reason this is annoying they did not do this is because there is a bug when transfering large numbers of Star songs over to Your Music-Songs. (there is some limit I read as 542 songs allowed per transfer)

This transfer also remove the Date Added. (bad)

So, WHY would Spotify not do this?

Did some power users have too big a starred list? And this was a subtle way to deprecate this list?

Was this a strategic move by Spotify to not do this, just to generate hype over the YourMusic change?

Why would they not do this?

What does anyone think?

Signature
5 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Whoops. Wrong Forum. Reasons why did Spotify not transfer Starred to new "Your Music - Song

Community Legend
Do you not have an import button at the top of your starred list (if the playlist contains un-imported tracks) to easily import them?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Highlighted

Re: Whoops. Wrong Forum. Reasons why did Spotify not transfer Starred to new "Your Music - Song

Music Fan

No, I never saw this. 

Thanks!

That's pretty cool, was that there a few days ago?

Signature

Community Legend
Nope, only added this week! 🙂

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Highlighted

Re: Reasons why did Spotify not transfer Starred to new "Your Music - Songs"

Regular

Seems like my starred list HAS been moved to the "your music" section sometime in the past few days. This was something that I definitely would NOT have wanted as now the album collection that I took a long time to manually convert from the hundreds of playlists I used to have is cluttered with "albums" with a single track. Now I will have to manually clean out those. I was looking forward to this feature, but it really has turned into a major pain in the neck. 

Highlighted

Nope - I don't have the import option  on the starrred playlist in the desktop app, was it removed? managing an Old list of favorites vs. a new one is kind of annoying.

SUGGESTED POSTS