Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Recently Played Artists not updating!

Recently Played Artists not updating!

Alright, so there is already a thread about this, but Spotify hasn't addressed it yet, so I figure I'd start a second one.

It's been about 3-4 weeks since my "Recently Played Artists" or my friends "Recently Played Artists" have updated. This is very frustating to me and others I've heard from. I'd like to see my own because there are days where I'll go through 2-3 artists' entire collection of work, then the next day do some other artists, but sometimes I like to look back and see what I had listened to (which would be in Recently Played Artists) without having to add a bunch of songs to my or a playlist. Not that that matters - for the last several weeks whenever I've followed a new playlist, it won't show up on my account page. Luckily it still shows up in the left hand bar, but I use my phone a lot and it's not as easy as it is on the computer. I also like to see what my friends are/have been listening to as well, but since I haven't seen a change in any of theirs for 3-4 weeks, unless I'm on and looking at what they are currently playing, I don't know. This brings up another issue I've been having where sometimes it will say the last person listening to music was, say, 4 hours ago... but if I close Spotify and restart it (which takes 10 seconds), then 4 people are listening to music live and I'll see in my feed that others had been listening in the time between 4 hours. My computer is always connected to wifi, and I had never had this problem before. The amalgamation of these little (but irritating) problems has really defeated the feeling of connectedness I've had since getting Spotify several months ago. Additionally, seeing what you and your friends' Recently Played/Top Played artists is what, to me, makes Spotify more enjoyable than just listening to music in my iTunes library. 

If you are having this problem, please click the "ME TOO" button, as this will highlight this post for Spotify to see.

44 Replies

I am still having this problem a year later.  It will update regularly for awhile and then stop updating for a week or two.  Very frustrating.

My Recently Played Artists has not updated, like, never. The artists in there are the same that I listened to years ago when I first started using the service. Now I bought the Premium service, thinking that it might change things, but there is no improvement. So as far as the social aspect of the product, Spotify is pretty much useless.

I am really getting fed up with this problem. I don't exactly use the recently plyed artists, but I use my top lists. So most listened to tracks. Fow well over 3 months, it has been saying my 2nd most listened to track is one that has been removed from Spotify (in the UK at least) for months. It it grey and if I click on it, it just tells me it is unavialable. How on earth is this one of my most listened to tracks if it hasn't been available to play on Spotify for months!?

There have been about 3 tracks in the last week that I have been listening to quite a lot that have jumped into my top 20 songs list. But they are in 11th 12th and 19th place. Just why have they come there and the others that are number 1 and 2 that I haven't listened to in months still there?? It seems like they get fixed there for ages. Most of my other tracks in this list are all things that I listed to several weeks ago. I have listen to loads of new stuff frequently recently and only a few of them have made it onto this. And they are near the bottom as if it is what I haven't been listenign to as much. Unless Spotify are going to fix this feature, they almost may as well remove it as it isn't the slightest bit accurate.

It used to be the case that about every 4 days, it would refresh and put songs in this list that I had been listening to quite a lot the day before for example. This was when I had the unlimited version of Spotify. Then the problem started. I have since upgraded to premium and used this for at least 2 years. And I have had this problem for that long too. It often takes nearly 4 months for tracks that are on the top lists to disapear even if I haven't listened to them in ages. The main thing that is annoying me now is as I said, one of my most listened to tracks hasn't been available on Spotify. Fair enough that it has got removed, there may be reasons for that. But why is it still indicating it is one of my top played tracks when stuff I have played nearly 6 times over the past week is as low at 19th. This is just pathetic...

I have tried clearing my cashe for Spotify but I just can't get that to refresh it to the relevent tracks. I stopped complaining about this to give spotify some time to work on it but it is really poor that a premium music service has this sort of problem. 

Same here, so frustrating

2020 and this is still an issue!

Suggested posts