Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Release Radar should work better

Release Radar should work better

Am I the only one who can't be satisfied by Release Radar playlist?

I think Spotify is an excellent tool for discovering new music in 2020 and I'll never stop paying for this, but Release Radar is awful. They get me more or less 5 songs that I should like (and that I actually like), while the other, dunno, 25?, songs are what is further from my music tastes, even if every week i press the "dislike" button on those songs. Am I the only one who is not fulfilled with this playlist?

2 Replies

Release Radar only shows songs from artists you follow. If you're not liking the music by a certain artist, unfollow them.  If you're seeing music from artists you don't follow, you're experiencing a common bug. Please see this thread here:  https://community.spotify.com/t5/Your-Library/Release-Radar-includes-wrong-artist-with-same-name-as-...

Please upvote there so we can show how many are having this issue in one place. 

Hey @RaffaellaXD and @timerickson,

we just want to make a slight clarification: The Release Radar can and most likely always will include music from Artists that you don't actually follow.

You'll notice the description of the playlist is: "Catch all the latest music from artists you follow, plus new singles picked for you. Updated every Friday."

The Release Radar tries to offer new, just released tracks, that we think you might like. That being said, the recommendations are based on an algorithm and many different factors (for example, artists listened to by other users, who listen the same type of music as you do) and we're continuously tweaking those to try and improve it.

You can do your part to help - whenever you don't like a song, make sure to use the Hide function. When you really like one - click the heart icon and add it to your library. This will help adjust the suggestions to better match your tastes.

On a side note, as timerickson pointed out, we're currently investigating an issue where artists with the same name as ones you follow, get added to the RR by mistake. If you experience this, follow the link provided above and give us some examples so we can look into it.

Cheers!

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts