Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Remove Higher Ground from Home Page

Remove Higher Ground from Home Page

Out of the blue I am getting "Audio Storytelling from Higher Ground" on my iOS device home page.  I pay a subscription for recommendations based on my listening history/likes.  I have nothing associated with this and therefore it appears to be a promotion.  I need a way to remove and/or restrict this type of content as it is cluttering up my homepage and interfering with what I'm paying for.

18 Replies

Same problem. Unwanted advertising monopolizing an entire row of my home page. There is nothing in my listening history to suggest I would be interested in this propaganda. Clearly it is advertising. I pay a monthly fee specifically to avoid ads.

I’m about to delete Spotify because of it. I don’t want ANY form of politics or an agenda pushed. I paid for a music app that has my likes and dislikes.

I'm also not interested in things that have no relation to my listening history. Remove this higher ground ad.

Same for me as well - I'll be cancelling my subscription pretty quickly if I cannot take the picture of Michelle off of my home page....

I have to agree, don't care how much cash they threw in your face, I want to see my recommendations.

The worst part is that I have their terrible playlists forced above music tailored for my tastes. 

I just updated my iOS devices with a Spotify update today and it looks like Higher Ground is now gone.  Are others seeing this as well?

Yes!!!! No more Michelle! Happy camper 🙂

I don't believe the updated was necessary as I noticed on one of my iOS devices that hadn't been updated that the recommendations seemed to be accurate for my history/interests.

Well, looks like Michelle is back on my home page. I’ll be cancelling my service, pathetic 

Same thing happened to me. Customer service would only respond with a canned response of " I cannot comment on it". Ultimately the only fix was to cancel spotify and subscribe to Deezer. I'm glad I did, Deezer sound quality is better and the home page has useful recommendations. There are plenty of free online services to help move you playlists to Deezer. Whole playlist moving process took about 3 minutes.

Same here. Takes a service that I love and makes me hate it. I’ll be cancelling if it’s not gone - SOON!

Mine keeps moving between Higher Ground and "Get educated on voter suppression"...political agenda, clearly, and not what I pay to see on my homepage.

That and the new "Voter Suppression" propaganda. Basically just left wing talking points. I mean if you reaaally want to encourage a conversation, then how hard would it be to also list some conservative or moderate views on the issue?

It's not education. It's just blatant partisan advertising. I thought I was paying for music, not liberal propaganda on my home screen.

Just signed up with Deezer and deleted my Spotify account. See ya Spotify! Wont miss ya

I completely agree, I have no interest connection to this material. If it were related to similar content I listened to that would be different. We have a search function for a reason, to find what we are interested in. Spotify does not need to impose on me.

A-freaking-men.  This is annoying the **bleep** out of me.  Quit trying to force your politics on me, Spotify!

Could not agree more.  Of course....no way to make any meaningful contact with anyone at Spotify that will DO anything about it.  The topic presentation is extremely biased, and the whole "get educated" blather is just condescending in its assumption that if you do not agree with Spotify curators, you are clearly some knuckle-dragging mouth breather.  This is going to drive me to cancel if they continue.  I don't pay premium membership to be preached to.

This needs to be removed or we need to be able to edit what is shown. I don't want this at the very top.
I want the music i listen too or suggestion on what i actually use the service for. I never listened to any podcast. 

Suggested posts