Remove Swedish TV/Radio Podcast because of the Swedish law Radiotjänst. OR Decrease Spotify price!

Remove Swedish TV/Radio Podcast because of the Swedish law Radiotjänst. OR Decrease Spotify price!

Oshiz
Regular

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Sweden

Device

Everything.

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

I felt it is unfair because I pay full price to Spotify. No matter if you are private customer or student. The reason is that of the Swedish Tax Law Radiotjäsnt. I don't think I am alone. I am a person who don't watch their TV and listen to their radio. I don't even listen to Spotify Podcast P3, P2, Documentary etc.

Is it fair to pay full price to Spotify and also paying "extra" tax to new law RadioTjänst? My answer is no because I am paying double to their so-called Public Service!

My opinion is:

- if people want to listen to a Podcast from Swedish TV/Radio they shall pay full price to Spotify

- if people just wanna listen to just music not listening Podcast and watching videos then pay less! 

I hope Spotify staff people understand this.

I like to hear from your thoughts. 

1 Reply
Highlighted

Re: Remove Swedish TV/Radio Podcast because of the Swedish law Radiotjänst. OR Decrease Spotify pric

matthewoli98
Gig Goer

Spotify cant lower the price, they dont benefit from the tax the swedish government has implimented, so it isnt fair to spotify if they make less profit because of a new law. The best option is to petition against the law.

SUGGESTED POSTS