Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Removing a band from my radio

Solved!

Removing a band from my radio

I have a band that I just hate. Everytime one of their songs gets played on my Spotify radio station I dislike it immediately. They must have many songs though because their songs keep being played fairly regularly. Each one seems even more lame than the last. Is there some way that I can just blacklist a band completely and have Spotify never play them again on my radio station?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Dogcow ! Welcome to the community 🙂 

Unfortunately, Spotify does not currently offer that functionality but it has been suggested in the past over on the ideas exchange here. Sadly, it is not currently on line to become a new feature. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

10 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @Dogcow ! Welcome to the community 🙂 

Unfortunately, Spotify does not currently offer that functionality but it has been suggested in the past over on the ideas exchange here. Sadly, it is not currently on line to become a new feature. 

Peter

Peter

Bump this feature request. It really makes no sense that I can thumbs down a song from a band I hate in my radio only have it to play next time I'm listening to the station. I'd like to see a smarter radio that remove things I dislike and adds additional tracks from songs I give the thumbs up to. 

I have just got spotify and it keeps adding bands to my radio that when I have not put that genre into my playlist and it does this automatically. never using this again until they fix

@ILIYA_ - Unfortunately this has been an issue with radio for a long time. Super annoying!

Peter

Bump - any update to this?  I'm in the same boat.  Got a band I'd like to ban from one of my Spotify radio stations...

Bump 🙂 You are not alone. I'm rarely using the radio feature and this is one of the reasons why.

Boah, I really hate to sound so negative all the time. I love music and enjoy listening on Spotify everyday and all the time, but there is something Spotify hasn't got yet, music is not fastfood. Unfortunately > 50% of the listeners dont care and why should Spotify care as long the business model works? 😞

simply saying "there is no solution" is not a solution.

+1 from me for this, too.  Having to thumbs down every song in a band's catalog to get them out of my life is kind of a waste of time.

Pandora is ahead of Spotify in this regard. You can anchor multiple bands and ban artists you'd rather not endure

Bump. 7 years later, Volbeat is still being forced on me. They just removed the thumbs up/down button instead of making them mean something. Does any of Spotify's competitors have this basic functionality?  I used to swear by Spotify, but it gets less user friendly with every update.

Suggested posts