Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Report ads as inappropriate?

Solved!

Report ads as inappropriate?

I'm curious to know if there's a way to report the audio ads in between tracks on the free service as inappropriate?

I'm not particularly fond of the Internode (Australia) ad where the guy is eating chips and talking with food in his mouth. It makes me feel sick everytime it comes on. I'm happy with the free service with ads but I don't want to have to listen to a guy stuffing his face right in my ears.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I agree with you, welcome to annoying ads, you should see some of the really stupid ones here in the States on our TV stations. I swear all US corporations must be using the same ad company and the same group of mad men or mad women to develop them. They seem to get dumber by the year, I am almost an expert at the mute control when ads come on now because of them. The ones I really hate are the AT&T ads for their cell phone service, gawd they drive me up the wall. I have made a mental subconscious note never to ever buy their products, which means that even thinking about the new Amazon Fire Phone is out for me since AT&T bought up the exclusive rights to provide service for them at least in the States they have. That is the biggest way to turn me off of certain products, annoying and stupid ads.

The best you can do is get that premium going to avoid them.

Edited to add: As far as I know they only way to report ads is through the customer contact forms using the Give spotify feedback about something by going here https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/?contact

View solution in original post

32 Replies
Marked as solution

I agree with you, welcome to annoying ads, you should see some of the really stupid ones here in the States on our TV stations. I swear all US corporations must be using the same ad company and the same group of mad men or mad women to develop them. They seem to get dumber by the year, I am almost an expert at the mute control when ads come on now because of them. The ones I really hate are the AT&T ads for their cell phone service, gawd they drive me up the wall. I have made a mental subconscious note never to ever buy their products, which means that even thinking about the new Amazon Fire Phone is out for me since AT&T bought up the exclusive rights to provide service for them at least in the States they have. That is the biggest way to turn me off of certain products, annoying and stupid ads.

The best you can do is get that premium going to avoid them.

Edited to add: As far as I know they only way to report ads is through the customer contact forms using the Give spotify feedback about something by going here https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/?contact

Unfortunately, the only way to currently avoid ads you deem inappropriate is to subscribe to premium. Wondering what each subscription gives you? compare subscriptions here.

Alternatively, you can add your kudos to this idea here - http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Spotify-Ads-Filters/idi-p/11675 - it's not entirely the same, but may fit the bill if implemented. 

Cheers!

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution!
Twitter | LinkedIn | Instagram
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

I found the feedback form after I posted the thread.

Thanks.

Any way to get rid of alcohol ads for children less than 21? It's a little inappropriate. 

@couttsm

Hello:

You might be able to adjust what kind of ads you get in your account by adjusting the birth year on the main account page to be below 18. But listening regions plays into what kind of ads are allowed in any given listening region to.

Or you can add premium to your account and then they won't get exposed to any ads at all. Even TV in all of it's ratings overload for viewers still ends up showing something that makes parents to get a bit irate that something was shown in an ad. The way of the world. The best bet is to go without ads with a permium subscirption just to avoid the whole issue altogether.

There is an ad for the son of zorn, and It has inappropriate words and my little brother listens to spotify and I don't him or anyone else hearing that.

Are you serious?

You answer the fact that you have terrible ads by trying to sell your Premium service?

I did subscribe to Premium but it's this attitude RIGHT HERE which is why I'll never pay nor recommend it to anyone again. How are you going to justify the fact that a condom ad happens every time there's a commercial break?

Are your guys commercial ads REALLY so expensive you can only advertise the same 3 people every minutes of the darn day?

Seriously. This is one of the most pathetic responses to customer service I have EVER SEEN.

I'm capping this to share with my readers.

Seriously. Mega douche ^

Also notice how this response got zero likes but was accepted as a solution because Spotify feels the need to push their agenda.

Yeah, this guy struck a nerve. I'll be including this in my Spotify review for 2016 at the end of the year.

Companies like this need to be seriously checked because their ego gets away from them all too often.

Yeah, I totally agree. I mean, I am only fourteen years old and I just heard something advertising lubricants, and, man, I heard some very inappropriate things! I mean, it was like health class but scary, and they said "s*x" like seven billion times and that's just not something that a little girl like me should have to worry about. This is a real issue, and I did some research, and there are no such options to make restrictions on ads or change preferences or make it kid-friendly-- I read all of the comments other people posted, and the people who work at Spotify just respond with "oh, sure, that's a real problem, we'll get right on top of that" and then it shows it as "solved" or "closed" but they never really actually do anything. I'm genuinely sick and tired of these people thinking they can just ignore such a serious problem. I'm seriously just going to stop using this app. I hope Spotify enjoys losing listeners to their mere stupidity and laziness.

I wish we could report some of the ads... I'm not a fan of horror, and a new ad plays all the time now about "Happy Death Day". It's kinda disturbing to hear someone's screaming interrupt my music. Where can I vote to filter some of the ads?

my little sister was getting military, alchol, and condom ads and she definetaly is too young for any of those.

yeah there's a new ad for trojan condoms and its absolutley disgusting

looks like its still happeneing. i have just been on to customer services making a complaint about inappropiate advertising and stated how irrisponsbible it is of spotify to allow it.

I have said this needs to be resolved or it will be taken up with the advertising standards agency in the UK.

there's a new one for niki minaj's new album and she's basically naked and i'm not being rude but randomly having someone's bust pop up into my face isn't enjoyable whatsoever... and tbh i don't even like her music so i don't want her ads.

i found a way to get ride of the innapropriet ads by making myself a minor because the alcohol ads played all the time until i changed my age to a minor and it got ride of all the bad ones, they are still annoying though

Paying money to remove ads that are inappropriate is not only NOT a solution it is condoning the ad's.

Perhaps if Spotify does not wish to address this matter the best way is to file a complaint with the FCC over their ad policy.

Let them deal with the gov't if they think this policy is appropriate.

I have to agree. During dinner today, my family was listening to Tout va Bien by Orelsan. The song ended and silence. Wait, wait, TROJAN! ... BIG SEXY WORLD ... EROTIC GPS ... I run screaming, "SORRY, BAD AD! BAD ADD!" The worst part was that some people present did not know what the ad was for, and felt like they had to ask what it was. I did not respond. Spotify: I am a 15 year old boy. I get why condom ads are applicable, but some teenage boys are trying to be innocent. Just yesterday, a friend made out with a girl at a fun gathering, and it shocked me. Why did they do this? Because of ads like this! It may not seem important or relevant, but in 2007 a study was done on the amount of ads a given person sees per day. It was in the 5000 range. With this many ads, influences can be quickly be made. More curious teens will click on the ad, maybe even become curious about the use of condoms, and start to 'experiment.' In the past two weeks, this type of activity has devastated two families in my general vicinity. This is a real problem, and it needs to be fixed. And soon. Another study in 2018 showed that every ~98 seconds, a woman is raped or sexually assaulted, which adds up to about 321500 people per year. Of these attackers, you must remember that they have been influenced by about 5000 ads that day. It is NOT an excuse, but there is something that you can do Spotify. Filter such ads out so that our communities will be a little bit safer. Thank you for being patient in reading this post. 2007 Ad Study: https://stopad.io/blog/ads-seen-daily Sexual Assault Study: https://www.huffpost.com/entry/sexual-assault-statistics_n_58e24c14e4b0c777f788d24f

bruh wth

I keep getting video ads for a fake website that steals credit card details by claiming to sell fake game consoles for 50% of the market price. Searching the site in Google turns up several other sites stating that it's highly unlikely that you'll receive the game console.

Without a way to report the ad, there is a chance that other listeners keep seeing it and maybe scammed.

Suggested posts