Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Report ads as inappropriate?

Solved!

Report ads as inappropriate?

I'm curious to know if there's a way to report the audio ads in between tracks on the free service as inappropriate?

I'm not particularly fond of the Internode (Australia) ad where the guy is eating chips and talking with food in his mouth. It makes me feel sick everytime it comes on. I'm happy with the free service with ads but I don't want to have to listen to a guy stuffing his face right in my ears.

32 Replies

Hi @4kd0cj53bsoghf,

Thanks for the report. 

Could you let us know the name of the ad or describe what it was about? Could you also let us know a rough time/date you heard/saw it, the device you were using, and the version of Spotify you’re running? We’ll pass your feedback to the ads team.

Cheers.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I get ads with links to fake newspaper websites trying to get me to sign up to an investment scam.

It isn't acceptable that Spotify provide a platform for scammers - please can you do more to take these ads down?

I feel some even sound like they're made using Spotify's own voiceover service.

Hi there @bw55134,

Thank you for your reply and feedback in this thread.

Can you let us know what @Alex asked for in the reply above so that we can pass the information to the right team.

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Thanks - ads were heard throughout the day on 22 October, using Spotify for macOS (Intel) 1.1.68.632.g2b11de83

The ads had professional voiceover and background music, but the quality of English was poor. The production leads me to believe Spotify's own ad creation service may have been used.

"Thousands of English are making a profit. How to get it. Read more."

"Turn £500 into £3,500... thousands of Britains are making a profit. How to invest with us. Learn more."

Links went to fake newspaper websites encouraging people to invest in various dodgy schemes.

It's a shame users must take time to report these issues while people are being scammed - much better if you can prevent this stuff getting onto your platform.

Since Spotify chooses to take no action, the only remaining options for
users
is to use another service or perhaps Spotify should be lumped in with the
other dot coms currently under congressional scrutiny perhaps that would
get them to actually address user concerns?

Hi @bw55134,

Thanks for the info.

We've passed this on to the ads team 🙂

@nedj10, if you're experiencing ads which you find inapropriate/ offensive you can submit the above requested info here and we'll report them.

Cheers.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I use Spotify every day and since I use the free plan, I hear the ads. There have been several ads that I always wanted to report but since there was no way to do it, I just tried to ignore them when they would come on. Today I heard a new one that was inappropriate so I really wanted to report it. I contacted support and talked with an agent. He was very nice and attentive. I wasn't able to really get a true fix to the problem but he said he would take my feedback to the Spotify ad reviewers and I guess that is the best that can be done now.

Buy our services or be forced to view ads that may be inappropriate, disgusting.

that is not acceptable.

you've missed the point, ads aren't the problem here its the lack of ability to report individual ads.

They can advertise relevant things to me all they like, but I don't appreciate a half naked blow up of sam smith coming up every 10 mins, that's unacceptable.

the inability to report and remove this ad will drive potential subscribers to other services..

I’ve just noticed you have decided to build in the functionality to your website to report inappropriate content!!

but I can’t report an in appropriate advert?! It’s actually laughable how disgusting your business operates.

you are literally pedophiles, disgusting human beings that perpetuate everything that is wrong with the world.

not only do I not subscribe, but because of this I will NEVER subscribe to service like this.

why was it ever a good idea to include ads about **bleep** in spotify?

trying to play music and randomly ads about "talking about **bleep**" shows up and ruins the mood.

More inappropriate ads on Spotify. Today, at 1:15 mountain time, an ad ran for ky lubricants. My children don’t need to hear ads for an 18+ audience.  Further, the ad tells us that 16million Canadian have dry terrible **bleep** lives and need lube. I’m not into ads that shame and judge people into buying their products. There needs to be a way to skip offensive ads. 

I was just listening to my favorites and doing some duolingo when a very odd and disturbing ad comes on. Please don't give 18+ ads to the spotify community.

years later and this is still an issue with inappropriate ads. My kids listen to spotify and they don't need to hear ads that have swearing, sexual products, or a guy named Harry **bleep** talking about underwear.

Suggested posts