Request to suspend subscription payment

Highlighted

Request to suspend subscription payment

Casual Listener

Hello, this idea may be self-serving, but my payment for this month's subscription failed due to insufficient funds of my payment method. I am from the Philippines,in Metro Manila to be exact, and I'm using Paymaya for my Spotify subscription. I can't load up my Paymaya account because it's add-money partners are closed and/or offline. We are currently on a community quarantine/lockdown because of Covid-19 outbreak. Most public utilities already suspended their payment for a month, and i am hoping that Spotify could do the same. I wanna get over this crisis while listening to my fave tracks, and i know our activities are very limited during this time, and one of the few things we could do is listen to our fave artists' tracks. I hope this concern will be heard. Be safe, everyone! Keep the faith! Thank you

3 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Request to suspend subscription payment

Hey there @w-8sl_92zj24o,

Thanks for posting about this here in the Community!

We’re unable to change your billing date, but you can cancel and, once your account has reverted to the free service, resubscribe on the day of the month you’d like to pay.

There's more info on how to do this in this support site article.

Keep in mind that our free service will be available to keep you connected with your favorite music and podcasts. We're also donating to the CDC and WHO, as well as providing ad space to governments and health organizations to keep you in the loop. You can learn more about that here.

Hope this info is useful but don't hesitate to give us a shout if there's anything else we can help with!

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
"Kindness is the language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see." - Mark Twain
Highlighted

Visitor

Dear Spotify,

You should be very ashamed at not providing financial assistance to all of us who are suffering in the most difficult times our western world has seen in 100 years. All premium members should be afforded 6 months premium free. Yet you want somebody with a request for payment alternatives as a result of the Covid 19 global disaster to unsubscribe from premium and rejoin premium when finances are more favorable? That is disgusting. I hope more people affected by this global emergency will speak out against your profiteering and cold hearted exploitation of those in need of relief. I am utterly aghast that you would respond in the manner you have to a human being reaching out for moderate assistance from you. 

Highlighted

Casual Listener

Hssssssssssssssssssss. Spotify.... We allowed you into our phones, we allowed you into our minds, but you know what this the last straw. I can't believe y'all trying to charge us after Corona been going on. People ain't got no extra money but they need their music dammit.I've been a Spotify premium music for almost 6 years, but I've been a user for almost 8years or so. Just thought better bout y'all. If y'all don't care about the artist, and y'all don't care about the customer, what does this company care about?? Where is the love? Waive the damn fees Spotify....or else people gonna see your true colors.

SUGGESTED POSTS