Resuming Playlists from last track played

Resuming Playlists from last track played

ralfy
Regular

Easiest way to explain this idea is to compare it to the YouTube function where the App 'remembers' the time you stopped watching a video & resumes it the next time you load up that video, on any device.

For example, i'm currently playing a curated playlist which goes for 6 hours, but if I decide to move onto another playlist, I lose my progress in this 6 hour playlist & then, upon returning to it, need to remember which track (of the 100) I last listened to.

5 Replies

Re: Resuming Playlists from last track played

daltonparsons

Ill add that with Spotify getting further into Podcasts, this becomes more and more needed. Stitched is currently my Podcast player of choice because I can listen to a show, stop it halfway through and pick it back up elsewhere at any time. Using Connect isn't really helpful as that's really for when you want to simply switch devices at that moment. 

ralfy
Regular

It's becoming a more sought after feature over time - the longer the playlist is, the less chance I have of returning to it, as I have forgotten when I got up to.

& I'm exiting playlists more often these days as I discover a great new song & want to listen to the album it's off, or create a station based on it, but then have to remember where, within that hours long original playlist of hundreds of tracks you were up to...

ralfy
Regular

Bump...........Still want this feature implemented....

Hey @ralfy.

Thanks for inquiring about this.

There's an idea about this in the Community which you can vote for here.

Note that the status of the idea is currently set to Not Right Now, meaning that Spotify don't currently have any plans to implement it in the near future. However, it is still worth leaving your vote there if you haven't done so already.

Hope that helps! Stay awesome :)

PeterModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

ralfy
Regular

Thanks Peter. Good to know there’s a chance of this important feature being implemented.

SUGGESTED POSTS