Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Return of the Trojan Man!

Return of the Trojan Man!

What happened? I thought they were gone...I THOUGHT. Oh well. If they are back for a while, sorry, but I'll have to leave Spotify again. Unless NSFW becomes an option. 

24 Replies

Daisyfriends - I've moved your post over here, as we'd like to keep this feedback in the same thread. We can keep more accurate numbers this way.

I did mention on another thread that it had finished, yes. This was a previous ad campaign that had run its course. The advert that you mention is a new campaign.

Again, we're sorry to hear if you've been offended. As I said above, the ad is aimed at Spotify accounts owned by users who are 18 or older. The commercial will never be played when the user is below this age.

If you'd like to see some ad controls put in place, just throw some support towards this idea.

-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

One would think that after the previous two times Spotify ran condom ads and recieved as much negative feedback as they did, they would learn a lesson; apparently not, and just when it seemed that the ads were becoming more relevent. In the past month, i found out that two bands I listen to have new albums and discovered a new artist thanks to Spotify ads, but alas, they have not really changed.

I made the comment last time this happened that Spotify has a lot of eyeballs. Why should they have to resort to accepting advertising dollars from shady businesses? Are big companies like Coca Cola and Walmart, or others that I haven't even heard of, not interested in reaching Spotify users?

I will be boycotting Spotify... for the third time, and encouraging others to do so as well. I am unsatisfied with the proposed solutions of changing my age or using a content filter. Spotify should start collecting its advertising money from more reputable companies.

So what you're saying Sam, is the only reasons the ad stopped is because the campaign ended...not because your consumers are offended and continuously requesting that they stop?

So you really aren't sorry that your consumers are offended then...because you're just going to start up a new campaign anyway.

Wow. Thanks for that.

You know, those types of ads are usually reserved for evening hours - there are no condom ads running during the day on television...why does Spotify insist on playing these during the day?

And just because I'm over 18 doesn't mean I want to have "intense orgasmic pleasure" blasting through my office at work.

Seriously.

I agree with all of what Daisyfriends has said.

Sam, first of all, be honest with us here: does the Spotify company actually plan to change it's ads, give BLACKLISTING options, parental controls, or otherwise for it's community?  Please reply.

I am (currently) happy to say I haven't had any bad advertising.  No condom, R-Movies, Victoria's Secret, or other wise.  Lot's of Autozone commercials, but that I can deal with; they are clean, somewhat humorous and don't rely on sex to sell anything.  That would be a company I'd shop from.

It doesn't sound like it's stopped overall, and so I'll continue to oppose these ads that people are receiving.  I'm single and a Christian.  As males, there's already too much trying to tempt us via sex advertising and half naked women, and it is everywhere.  Why does Spotifiy feel the need to follow this ugly and pathetic trend?  You're offering one of the greatest music applications out there!  Take a stand against the over sexualitzation of women!  Keep from playing ugly sex ads that promote casual sex and hook ups.  Give parental controls so parents can filter songs about sex, whores, drugs, and the pursuit of money.

You all can do better.

Red_Philip - Thanks for posting. We change ads quite regularly, yes. Regarding ads filters, just add your Kudos hereMay I please stress that ads like this are only played to users over the age of 18, and are often only played past a certain time of day.

daisyfriends - I'm not sure on the details of what happened before, I'm afraid. Only the ads guys and girls would know. We do and try and feed back all the info we can, was this a recent advert you're unhappy with? If so, could you create a new thread? This thread is regarding a different ad from a while ago.

As we don't want to mix feedback up, I'm going to close this thread.

-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Suggested posts