Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

SOMEONE is STILL using my account

SOMEONE is STILL using my account

Hello everone!

Few months ago i noticed some unusual activity on my account, such as recent music i had never heard or new playlists i had never follow.

At that point, i thought somebody was using my account so i changed my password and log out in every device.

Everything was going well until today i opened my Spotify app and, what was my surprise when i saw that the impersonator of my account was still there. There are the same recent songs that that person used to hear and new playlists i have never followed.

So there is my question: Does anyone have ever live this situation? What would you do?

Thank you in advanced

Best wishes

4 Replies

Yes! This has happened to me just today as well! I changed my password and logged out of all devices but somehow it seems like they still have access.

Hey there @cocoloki and @thez4prez

Thanks for posting on the Community about this.

If you happen to notice any suspicious activity on your Spotify account, make sure you always try the steps below first: 

1. Open the Reset Password form in a private/incognito window and create a new, strong password you haven’t used for another online service; 
  2. Go to your Account Page, scroll down and click on SIGN OUT EVERYWHERE

Once you've performed these steps you can log back in to your Spotify account and track if you still observe the same. 

However, in case you still experience this after trying the steps, we suggest heading to this help page. Here you'll find useful tips on how to secure your account in case of unauthorized access. 

You can also find additional info on how to protect your Spotify account here.  

Hope this helps. Keep us posted.   

Hi, i got same problem, even i tried everything on help page. Somebody with device P023 keep listening his music and because of it I can´t. Can you help me?

Same someone keeps using my account 

Suggested posts